Old 04-17-2019, 12:46 AM
Immortal horror fan

Nightmare on Elm Street - Remake

I watched it again to see if it was as bad as I remember. And it is still bad. The original is a classic horror movie. The remake doesn't even come close.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:22 PM
病気の

Nurse Jill, 2016. 7/10

Director: Peter Romeo Lambert

Thumb resize.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:21 AM
This is a test

FROZEN 2010

Three friends get trapped high up on a ski lift when the resort closes down for the night. Just about everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

Except for the lame dialogue, it was pretty good.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:56 PM
ventricle

Cape Fear (1991)
7/10

A excon (Robert DeNiro) seeks revenge against his former attorney (Nick Nolte).

Martin Scorsese's direction here is very crafty -- kind of a mix between Brain DePalma à la Body Double and Hitchcock à la Marnie -- and I might recommend it just for that, if you like that sort of thing. But as far as story and suspense goes, it's just alright, the story hits all the same plot points as the original 1962 film (which is a better film), and the ending is rather cliche, senseless and anticlimactic.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-20-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:00 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
FROZEN 2010

Three friends get trapped high up on a ski lift when the resort closes down for the night. Just about everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

Except for the lame dialogue, it was pretty good.
I really liked this one myself...pretty suspenseful
Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Cape Fear (1991)
7/10

A excon (Robert DeNiro) seeks revenge against his former attorney (Nick Nolte).

Martin Scorsese's direction here is very crafty -- kind of a mix between Brain DePalma à la Body Double and Hitchcock à la Marnie -- and I might recommend it just for that, if you like that sort of thing. But as far as story and suspense goes, it's just alright, the same as the original film, and the ending is rather cliche, senseless and anticlimactic.
For once, I have to respectfully disagree with You , Sculpt. The 1962 film is superlative, with tremendous performances by Mitchum and Peck (and dig Telly Savalas with hair!), but did not like the remake at all. Nick Nolte was SUCH a weasel You didn't care what happened to him and after awhile it just became a Freddy Krueger movie. As usual, the original is the one for me.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:53 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
For once, I have to respectfully disagree with You , Sculpt. The 1962 film is superlative, with tremendous performances by Mitchum and Peck (and dig Telly Savalas with hair!), but did not like the remake at all. Nick Nolte was SUCH a weasel You didn't care what happened to him and after awhile it just became a Freddy Krueger movie. As usual, the original is the one for me.
I agree with you. I may written that poorly. I was simply saying the story of the remake was essentially the same story as the original, hits virtually all the same plot points, not that the remake was as good. I thought the original was better, but I did appreciate the crafty direction of the remake.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:33 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
100% agree with this.... Mitchum is chilling - the story of his Revenge on his wife is so cold.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:27 PM
病気の

Hell of a Night, 2019. 7/10

Director: Brian Childs

Thumb resize.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:23 PM
ventricle

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
5/10

In 2010, United Nations negotiator Edward Douglas (David Thewlis) gets rescued at sea and is taken to an island where Dr. Moreau (Marlon Brando) and his assistant (Val Kilmer) are conducting experiments combining human and animal DNA in an effort to remove human immorality.

The film suffers from two main defects. First, it's much too disjointed. Some interesting main plot points are introduced, such as Moreau's experimental intention to genetically remove evil, and Edward's romantic interest in one of Moreau's creations, buts these main plots are neither passionately pusued, nor are these mixed well with other plots points. The film also tries to create a 80's styled "manimal" bad guy that just comes off comical, unrealistic and cliche. The original film, Island of Lost Souls, is a much better film.

Tags
movie