Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I dont want to mention anything after the first though because they were just poop
Except, of course, for Return of the Living Dead 3 - which was just fine and dandy.

Must urge USA viewers to seek out the uncut version of this, which is where I think many have gone wrong - the offbeat central romance may be the heart of the movie, but Steve Johnson's stonkingly inventive body horror effects were mostly cut out of your mainstream release.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
OH Jesus how can anyone even like Night of the Living Dead I saw that movie at the Drive in back in 1968. To be honest that was one very boring movie. When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around. It had 0 entertainment value. On the other hand Romero made alot of money but not for the reasons he thinks. Drive ins played NOTLD at 11pm at night or 12pm most people who went to see it were on a date and wanted an excuse to stay out late while they could have fun in a car.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
what the fuck?! are you fucking retarded??? how can someone like NOTLD???? ARE YOU FUCKIN HIGH OR SOMETHING???

matricide, baby. that's all I'm saying.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
OH Jesus how can anyone even like Night of the Living Dead I saw that movie at the Drive in back in 1968. To be honest that was one very boring movie. When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around. It had 0 entertainment value. On the other hand Romero made alot of money but not for the reasons he thinks. Drive ins played NOTLD at 11pm at night or 12pm most people who went to see it were on a date and wanted an excuse to stay out late while they could have fun in a car.
- Yeah, and SOME people actually liked Godzilla...:p
I'm 24 in a few days, and I saw NOTLD first of all when I was about 13 years old...Growing up through the gore-filled 80's, then seeing this movie (I'm ashamed to say) I saw that it was B&W and dismissed it as "boring old shit", and turned it off after a few minutes...So, a year or two back, I thought I'd make an effort and watch it again.
The music, the enclosed setting, the small cast, the overall atmosphere...now that I have a few more years of watching different kinds of horror, I appreciated this a little more...actually, I envy those who got to see this film when it was "new" with nothing much(or at least, not the BLOODY 80's) to compare it to/against. True, there wasn't much gore to speak of, not that I've ever insisted upon that, no really frantic action sequences either...but still, I like it a lot, and I'm proud to have a copy as part of my dvd collection.
Each to their own though, nobody's saying you HAVE TO like it.

I'm still looking out for the colour remake, I've not yet see it.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
LOL hi Knife hi Cheeba sorry guys just when I saw NOTLD back in 68 it really didnt do a darn thing for me. I am not trying to be mean but I call em as I see em. I love B&W movies hell alot old B&W horror movies are better than some remakes. Btw I dont want anyone to get the idea that I like every Godzilla movie. I am a big fan of Godzilla true enough but I can tell you I hate the 1970s Godzilla movies from 1971-1975 imo they are very kiddie like and because they were made that way thats what ended Godzilla. He didnt return until 9 years later with a new series of movie which are AWESOME unlike the 70s movies which suck donkey dicks. Going back to NOTLD its just my opionion but after 28 years of watching horror it still sux but thats just me. Maybe I have diffrent standards who knows The Shining in 1980 bored the heck out of me so did Cujo
Old 01-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Except, of course, for Return of the Living Dead 3 - which was just fine and dandy.

Must urge USA viewers to seek out the uncut version of this, which is where I think many have gone wrong - the offbeat central romance may be the heart of the movie, but Steve Johnson's stonkingly inventive body horror effects were mostly cut out of your mainstream release.
i met that guy ! Steve Johnston ... he was/is married to Lianna Quigley (who starred in the 1st ROTLD)

Super nice guy ...
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
When I saw it I was 7 at the time I thought it was a movie about drunks just staggering around.

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats funny as hell !!!

but its a piss poor benchmark from which to judge if a movie is good or not ..... a 7 year old who didnt understand what the hell he was watching ...

I guess Godzilla was pretty self explainitory.

a prehistoric dinosaur brought back with radiation that grew it 10X the normal size and now shoots fire out of his mouth.

anyone here ever heard the Blue Oyster Cult song Godzilla ?

'ohhh no There goes Tokeo, go go godzilla !!'

heh :)