Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Mom Kills Teenager With Hammer

Slain By Mom

New York-- A suicidal mom, despondent over her divorce and struggling with her teenage daughter, beat the 14-year-old to death with a hammer and shovel before she tried to kill herself on a New Jersey highway, police said yesterday.
Cops found a disoriented Lynn Giovanni, 45, Sunday afternoon near a highway exit in Berkeley Heights, where she had crashed her car into a guardrail in an apparent suicide attempt.

There, according to prosecutors, she told state troopers about her horrible crime: How she bashed in her daughter's head while the teenager slept and took off in her car to end her own life.

Troopers called police in Roselle Park, where Giovanni lives with her mother and daughter. Moments later, cops found the bloody body of Nicole Giovanni.

"It was absolutely premeditated," said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow. "This young girl's life was taken without any purpose. It is inexplicable why any parent would ever take the life of a child.

"We mourn her loss, and we will prosecute her mother," he said.

Romankow said Nicole, a well-liked freshman at Roselle Catholic HS, was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. Sunday when her mother came into her room and struck her several times in the head with a hammer and then once with a shovel.

Lynn Giovanni fled in a 2000 Honda Civic and was discovered eight hours later, after she crashed her car on Route 78 nearby.

Romankow said no argument immediately preceded the attack.

Giovanni's mother, Angela Gravina, was not home at the time of the murder, Romankow said.

Gravina was out of town and could not be reached for comment.

Giovanni, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, was taken to Overlook Hospital in Summit before she was transferred to the Trenton Psychiatric Institute, where she was being held on $250,000 bail and charged with murder.

Friends said Giovanni suffered from depression — and had difficulty dealing with a string of misfortunes, including a recent divorce, job difficulties and trouble with Nicole.

"She suffered every day of her life," said a friend named Chris. "She was on a lot of medication, and I wondered if that had anything to do with this."

Friends said Lynn Giovanni had written a book, "Judicial System Loopholes," last year that slammed the court's treatment of domestic violence. Giovanni used the nom de plume "Faith Hope."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 02-13-2005, 06:57 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Re: Mom Kills Teenager With Hammer

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne

Friends said Lynn Giovanni had written a book, "Judicial System Loopholes," last year that slammed the court's treatment of domestic violence. Giovanni used the nom de plume "Faith Hope."
Come on, that's just too much. lol

Old 02-13-2005, 07:11 AM
The Dork Knight

Re: Mom Kills Teenager With Hammer

Quote:
Slain By Mom

New York-- A suicidal mom, despondent over her divorce and struggling with her teenage daughter, beat the 14-year-old to death with a hammer and shovel before she tried to kill herself on a New Jersey highway, police said yesterday.
Cops found a disoriented Lynn Giovanni, 45, Sunday afternoon near a highway exit in Berkeley Heights, where she had crashed her car into a guardrail in an apparent suicide attempt.

There, according to prosecutors, she told state troopers about her horrible crime: How she bashed in her daughter's head while the teenager slept and took off in her car to end her own life.

Troopers called police in Roselle Park, where Giovanni lives with her mother and daughter. Moments later, cops found the bloody body of Nicole Giovanni.

"It was absolutely premeditated," said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow. "This young girl's life was taken without any purpose. It is inexplicable why any parent would ever take the life of a child.

"We mourn her loss, and we will prosecute her mother," he said.

Romankow said Nicole, a well-liked freshman at Roselle Catholic HS, was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. Sunday when her mother came into her room and struck her several times in the head with a hammer and then once with a shovel.

Lynn Giovanni fled in a 2000 Honda Civic and was discovered eight hours later, after she crashed her car on Route 78 nearby.

Romankow said no argument immediately preceded the attack.

Giovanni's mother, Angela Gravina, was not home at the time of the murder, Romankow said.

Gravina was out of town and could not be reached for comment.

Giovanni, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, was taken to Overlook Hospital in Summit before she was transferred to the Trenton Psychiatric Institute, where she was being held on $250,000 bail and charged with murder.

Friends said Giovanni suffered from depression — and had difficulty dealing with a string of misfortunes, including a recent divorce, job difficulties and trouble with Nicole.

"She suffered every day of her life," said a friend named Chris. "She was on a lot of medication, and I wondered if that had anything to do with this."

I never get this kinda stuff, if you're having problems and you've got your mind set that you're going to kill yourself then go ahead and do it and leave everybody else alone.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
yeah, some people are fucking retarded.

If you did understand her, you'd be crazy too.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:31 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
If you did understand her, you'd be crazy too.
Good Point
Old 02-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Bloodrayne, you really seem to like these sick murders, dont you?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mothman
Bloodrayne, you really seem to like these sick murders, dont you?
This is a Horror forum, Sweetie...I happen to be a horror maven...I'm not likely to post stories about little Miss Mary Sunshine winning an award for humanitarianism...Nor would I expect anyone here to be interested in anything like that...I have discovered over my many years of existence that people who are into 'horror' generally tend to have an affinity for the macabre, and that which is horrifying, terrifying, strange, 'dark', demented, sick, and/or twisted...It just so happens that the things people do to each other in REAL LIFE is so much more bizarre and fucked up than anything we will ever see in a horror movie, or read in a fictitious book...The fact that it IS real, makes it even more horrifying...That's the type of horror that I am sharing with this forum, when I post these stories here...

I also have a penchant for delving into the human psyche, and sometimes I am fascinated by the depths of depravity that the human mind can sink into...

Old 02-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I Killed Paul Allen

i like these stories but where the hell do you find them?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally posted by aborted
i like these stories but where the hell do you find them?
I've actually been asked this quite a few times...Sooo...

Quote:
Actually, the sad truth is...News items like this, are available practically everywhere...Associated Press, Reuters, MSNBC, etcetera...It's merely a reflection of the world that we live in...It's all around us if we open our eyes to it, that's why the majority of us choose to keep them closed...We fear that if we open our eyes, we may open our hearts and minds as well, letting something in that may darken our souls and dampen our spirits...
AND...When I'm short on time, or feeling lazy, I'll pick up some things from Ogrish or Rotten...

Old 02-13-2005, 03:02 PM
The horror of the minds

Quote:
I've actually been asked this quite a few times...Sooo...

AND...When I'm short on time, or feeling lazy, I'll pick up some things from Ogrish or Rotten...
Cool
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.