Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Evil Dead

The new "Night Stalker"

The original show is one of my favorites and this new version just dosent sound right, what do you think. this article is from Sci-Fi.com:

12:00 AM, 15-JULY-05
Spotnitz Previews Night Stalker
The upcoming horror series The Night Stalker will put a fresh, modern spin on the two 1970s Night Stalker television movies and the short-lived series, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, that inspired it, according Frank Spotnitz, the X-Files veteran who will executive produce the new show. Spotnitz told Zap2it.com that his take on The Night Stalker, which will star Stuart Townsend (Queen of the Damned) as the put-upon, evil-chasing reporter Carl Kolchak, is to make the central character younger, sexier and more conflicted.

"What the show's really about is good and evil," Spotnitz told the site. "In this show, evil really does have supernatural forces at its command. Good does not. Good has to operate through human beings. So that is interesting to me."

Spotnitz added: "I'm not a religious person, but I do a lot of reading of religious stuff. I do think, whether you're a person of faith or not, it does seem like evil is so much more powerful than good. I believe, if there is a God, God expects good to operate through men and women, that goodness in the world exists through the goodness of what people do. ... Good people have to live by a code. They have conscience and mercy and all those things that get in the way when you're trying to destroy evil. That's what this show is ultimately about. It's interesting, because you don't know if Kolchak really is what he says he is." The Night Stalker will debut this fall on ABC.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

Big fan of the original.I'm gonna give it a shot.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
My fucking sunblock blows

Quote:
Originally posted by newb
Big fan of the original.I'm gonna give it a shot.
Same here........

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Old 07-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I have only recently began to catch episodes of the original (when it pops up on SciFi) but what I have seen I have enjoyed. I don't know if I can pick up a new show or not at this point...lol....but I will probably try to catch at least the first episode.