Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
thompson013

Hi there (quick poll)

Hi everyone. new to the site. nice to see im not the only one loving his horror around here :cool:

anyways i apoliguse if there is another place for this but i thought as a newbie id give you a quick run down of my fav genres. (if anyone else wants to put in there two cents then go ahead.)

Scariest - The Shining (the film that got me into horror movies. watched when i was eight, started sleeping again aroun the 10 or 11 mark.)

Slasher - Halloween (not the 1st to do the stalking psycho but the one who perfected it. is the perfect horror movie). tempted to put black christmas but Mike Myers is a legend and i wouldnt wanna p!ss him off lol.

Zombie - Brain Dead (dead alive) Peter Jackson proving that he was a genius well before the rings. if anyone hasnt seen it rectifiy as soon as possible. as funny as it is sickening a work of art.

Werewolf - An American Werewolf in London. (i was going to put in Dog soldiers cause i think its so entertaining but AAIL scared the living crap out of me when i was young, yes i know its half comedy but i didnt get that when i was only 10)

Vampire - Van Helsing!!!! NO ONLY JOKING DONT BAN ME. hard one i think you have to go back to the days of christopher lee to find a really classic vampire movie. (please correct me if im wrong) i guess you could say Coppolas version of Dracula but as arty as it was can you really forgive Keanu's English accent. at least he didnt even try for constintine .

Ghost - The Ring (US) ooh contraversial... ill be honest ive not seen the japenese version but the us one is creepy as hell and also my phone rang the second Niomi watts had watched the video in the film. giving my wife a massive panic attack so much so she wont even let me buy the dvd. (btw it was my mother in law on the phone. make of that what you will)

Comedy - Shaun of the Dead (ok hang me for not saying army of darkness but im sorry Shaun has got to have it. and believe me i love AoD. not only is Shaun halarious, but its got gore, horror and heart. a fantastic movie but for any fans of the TV show spaced (simon pegg's old show) only to be expected.

HeadF^*k - Maniac (ok a difficult one this but maniac is disturbing. was tempted to say The Ugly. but i think Mainiac still takes the acolade for its cant watch/must watch factor.)

Special effects/gore - BrainDead (ok i know i already have it but come on the guy made it for about 50 cents and the gore effects would put most big budget flicks to shame.

Finally Horror Legend - Tom Savini. wanna argue? take a look at 3 random low/no budget slasher movies post scream. now do the same for the late 70 early 80's when Savini and his ilk were at there peak. 90% of the straght to dvd horrors around now are an embarasment. hail to the king of the red stuff Tom Savini.

ok anyone think different for my choices? lets hear em.

later guys and girls. :D
Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Waste Disposer

Welcome and don't sit by me:)
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Banned

Welcome to HDC. Not a bad list...your spelling sucks, but the list is good.
Also...no need for censoring yourself..i.e. HeadF^*k.Sometimes ya gotta let the fucks fly.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
welcome

nor me either??
sit..that is
Old 10-26-2005, 11:14 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Re: Hi there (quick poll)

Quote:
Originally posted by thompson013
Hi everyone. new to the site. nice to see im not the only one loving his horror around here :cool:

anyways i apoliguse if there is another place for this but i thought as a newbie id give you a quick run down of my fav genres. (if anyone else wants to put in there two cents then go ahead.)

Scariest - The Shining (the film that got me into horror movies. watched when i was eight, started sleeping again aroun the 10 or 11 mark.)

Slasher - Halloween (not the 1st to do the stalking psycho but the one who perfected it. is the perfect horror movie). tempted to put black christmas but Mike Myers is a legend and i wouldnt wanna p!ss him off lol.

Zombie - Brain Dead (dead alive) Peter Jackson proving that he was a genius well before the rings. if anyone hasnt seen it rectifiy as soon as possible. as funny as it is sickening a work of art.

Werewolf - An American Werewolf in London. (i was going to put in Dog soldiers cause i think its so entertaining but AAIL scared the living crap out of me when i was young, yes i know its half comedy but i didnt get that when i was only 10)

Vampire - Van Helsing!!!! NO ONLY JOKING DONT BAN ME. hard one i think you have to go back to the days of christopher lee to find a really classic vampire movie. (please correct me if im wrong) i guess you could say Coppolas version of Dracula but as arty as it was can you really forgive Keanu's English accent. at least he didnt even try for constintine .

Ghost - The Ring (US) ooh contraversial... ill be honest ive not seen the japenese version but the us one is creepy as hell and also my phone rang the second Niomi watts had watched the video in the film. giving my wife a massive panic attack so much so she wont even let me buy the dvd. (btw it was my mother in law on the phone. make of that what you will)

Comedy - Shaun of the Dead (ok hang me for not saying army of darkness but im sorry Shaun has got to have it. and believe me i love AoD. not only is Shaun halarious, but its got gore, horror and heart. a fantastic movie but for any fans of the TV show spaced (simon pegg's old show) only to be expected.

HeadF^*k - Maniac (ok a difficult one this but maniac is disturbing. was tempted to say The Ugly. but i think Mainiac still takes the acolade for its cant watch/must watch factor.)

Special effects/gore - BrainDead (ok i know i already have it but come on the guy made it for about 50 cents and the gore effects would put most big budget flicks to shame.

Finally Horror Legend - Tom Savini. wanna argue? take a look at 3 random low/no budget slasher movies post scream. now do the same for the late 70 early 80's when Savini and his ilk were at there peak. 90% of the straght to dvd horrors around now are an embarasment. hail to the king of the red stuff Tom Savini.

ok anyone think different for my choices? lets hear em.

later guys and girls. :D
You seem like one of the least annoying noobies to show up in months. Congratulations.

The only objection to your list I have is The Ring. That movie sucked some of the biggest balls of any movie I've ever seen.

P.S. Savini is the man!
Old 10-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Foxhole Atheist

The list is a good one on the whole, glad to see Maniac making an appearance thats one of my fav's

bwind22: Am I one of those annoying noob's? :D

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Hellraiser

Hiya. :-)

Nice list. Not all favorites of mine, but I don't dislike any of them either. Maniac is great. Nice nihilistic, moody atmosphere... They can be somewhat hard to watch but I wish there were more movies with that sort of feeling. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer is another good example...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
ah yes kitty..
thats one kick ass of a title
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 AM
aramcheck

hi, i'm a newbie too
nice idea to do that genre list, i'm copying it here ;)

Scariest - Blair Witch Project

Slasher - Halloween

Zombie - Dawn Of The Dead (Romero), Don't Open The Window

Werewolf - In Company Of Wolves

Vampire - Near Dark

Ghost - Memento Mori

Comedy - Shaun Of The Dead

HeadF^*k - Tetsuo

Special effects/gore - The Thing

Finally Horror Legend - Rob Bottin

Last edited by aramcheck; 11-02-2005 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse mac

bwind22: Am I one of those annoying noob's? :D
Well... no. I guess not. Until asking me this question you hadn't done anything that I found overly annoying.

;)