Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Scares Little Kids

Night Stalker

Finally got to see Night Stalker on Sci-Fi. Disappointing. Ive seen five episodes and have yet to be impressed. I tried to be open-minded since this is sort of a remake of the 70's series and I hate remakes. This reminds me why I hate them so much. They tried too hard to make it different but they forgot to make it good. THe plots are great but the actual shows are very weak. They made Kolchak younger and less bumbling but much more boring.

Produced by X-Files prod. Frank Sponitz, the format is very familiar. Two reporters instead of one. One believer, one skeptic and a Skinner-type editor who tries to cover for his two ace reporters. It even has a mytharc storyline that's similar involving Kolchak's murdered wife and the supernatural. I hear it's out on dvd now with all the episodes including ones made before the series was cancelled. Hopefully, the rest of the dvd set gets better than what Ive seen.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Synthetic Flesh

When I started reading I thought you were referring to the original series. The original series is a classic - have you seen it? If you haven't you should check it out.

70's TV and vampires - how can you go wrong?