Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 AM
For Vendetta

Grindhouse on DVD

You can forget about pre-ordering “Grindhouse” on DVD – well, in the pure sense.

According to Davis DVD, both “Grindhouse” films will be released separately on disc, as is the theatrical plan for everywhere but the states.

The first to be released will be Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof”, arriving September 18 through Genius Entertainment and The Weinstein Co.

Assumingly, this will be the longer cut of “Death Proof” that recently premiered at Cannes.

But really, who cares? We want both films. Nobody wants to be shelling out two plods of cabbage for what’s supposed to be one film.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200706...announced.html

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/dvd.html
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

i really just want planet terror, i didnt like death proof.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
You can forget about pre-ordering “Grindhouse” on DVD – well, in the pure sense.

According to Davis DVD, both “Grindhouse” films will be released separately on disc, as is the theatrical plan for everywhere but the states.

The first to be released will be Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof”, arriving September 18 through Genius Entertainment and The Weinstein Co.

Assumingly, this will be the longer cut of “Death Proof” that recently premiered at Cannes.

But really, who cares? We want both films. Nobody wants to be shelling out two plods of cabbage for what’s supposed to be one film.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200706...announced.html

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/dvd.html

That sucks balls
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody_ribcut View Post
i really just want planet terror, i didnt like death proof.
That's odd because Death Proof felt a lot more like a "real" grindhouse film to me.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I like my eyes deep fried

I am amazed that the film did not create more succes then it did...It got rave reviews and just about everyone I saw thought it was the best flick to come out this year....What I do not understand is why the Weinstein Co. distributed this when they did....There was really no warining or good publicity for this film untill it came out....

But it is not really Weinsten who is at fault, I believe it is Dimension....Dimension has always had this problem from the begining...

Either way, this movie IS the best movie I have seen this year and hopefully they will release it as one...the way it should be seen. :D
Old 06-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Can you dig it ?

Dimension is trying every tactic possible to recoup any money on this :rolleyes:
I think everyone can agree on one thing: we'd all much rather see 'Machete' as a full length feature than anything else that happened in all of 'Grindhouse'. 'Don't' was nicely done, 'Planet Terror' fell apart 2/3 of the way in, 'Deathproof' never got started, Rob Zombie continues his reign of 'H1KC' looking nonsense to give his wife a job, and of course Eli Roth proves again that he has no talent as a director.
Dimension could release this as a box set with both features in their full length, uncut versions if they wanted to do right by the fans. I still won't get it myself.
CK
Old 06-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
I think everyone can agree on one thing: we'd all much rather see 'Machete' as a full length feature than anything else that happened in all of 'Grindhouse'.

Not everyone...
I loved Planet Terror, I really liked Deathproof, and I dug a lot of the trailers. I want the Grindhouse package. I'd even pay $35 or $40 for a big set with both movies, extended trailers, deleted scenes... it would almost rip my money out of my hands.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Evil Dead

machete was a blast and all, but it wasn't my favorite thing about grindhouse. that would either be roths trailer (i hate saying that as much as the rest of his shit disapoints me) or planet terror. hell i loved it all, but death proof, i don't think was as good as planet terror. i don't want to buy just one film i want to buy all of it. so i get the whole grindhouse experience.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Not everyone...
I loved Planet Terror, I really liked Deathproof, and I dug a lot of the trailers. I want the Grindhouse package. I'd even pay $35 or $40 for a big set with both movies, extended trailers, deleted scenes... it would almost rip my money out of my hands.

I'm gonna hold out for the "Special Directors Edition" ,that i'm sure will be coming out a few months after the initial release.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I'm gonna hold out for the "Special Directors Edition" ,that i'm sure will be coming out a few months after the initial release.

well we are still waiting for the recut of kill bill into 1 volume :rolleyes: