Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The Outer Limits

A lot of people compare this show unfavorably to the Twilight Zone, but I think as a straight horror/sci fi show it is in certain ways better. Is anybody with me on this? I don't think people should compare the two shows. They're actually completely different.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:52 PM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
Outer Limits

I agree. Two entirely different series.

The Twilight Zone is unique in itself. I am now collecting the seasons on DVD. I have the first season and will be watching it when I get back from vacation. To me this is one of the very best series ever on TV. Rod Serling was great.

The Outer Limits is truly a sci fi/ horror type. It was a great series too. The two best episodes in the series were The Galaxy Being with Cliff Robertson and Cold Hands, Warm Heart with William Shatner.

I do have the two seasons of the original Outer Limits on DVD. Love 'em.

The Countess
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I'm a huge Twilight Zone fan. It's just a shame how expensive the dvds are, and the fact that they're chronological (like every tv show) makes me feel less inclined to pick them up. My favorites are all scattered and the weaker Twilight Zone episodes aren't all that entertaining. The Limits boxes are a really good deal, as is Night Gallery, but some repackaging for the Twilight Zone would be nice. It's not something you should package like other dvds. I'd like to see a Burgess Meredith collection for example, or the Matheson episodes.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
Twilight Zone

This series and the original Star Trek are much more expensive than anything else.

As a result I will be buying them over a longer period of time than say series like Murder She Wrote or voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea.

The Countess
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Waste Disposer

I loved the Outer Limits series... nothing like TZ.( Although, they are just as beloved.)
I used to get chillbumps when the theme music came on.
These shows carried me thru alot of sleepless nights as a young adult, so it's an emotional connection as well.