Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

Question Better luck next time

Yesterday, a man entered my workplace and began a physical altercation with a coworker. During the course of the struggle, the attacker, who was getting his ass kicked, by the way, pulled out a hand gun and began firing wildly without managing to actually shoot anyone. He then ran out the door and escaped. My question is this: Should I have taken the rest of the day off to recover from the shock and stress of witnessing this incident, or should I have stuck around in hopes that he might come back and actually manage to shoot someone?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

you should take as much time off as you can get away with. that sounds scary as shit and I'd think it would be really easy to claim emotional injury and claim that it is an unsafe workplace.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

I appreciate your advice and concern. Unfortunately, any emotional injury that I'm suffering from is probably a preexisting condition and won't qualify me for any sympathy or compensation from my employer. By the way, the police still haven't caught that dude. He's probably half-way to Mexico by now, running down the road and shooting his gun in the air like Yosemite Sam.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutter View Post
Yesterday, a man entered my workplace and began a physical altercation with a coworker. During the course of the struggle, the attacker, who was getting his ass kicked, by the way, pulled out a hand gun and began firing wildly without managing to actually shoot anyone. He then ran out the door and escaped. My question is this: Should I have taken the rest of the day off to recover from the shock and stress of witnessing this incident, or should I have stuck around in hopes that he might come back and actually manage to shoot someone?
Where do you work, at a post office?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutter View Post

grab your vid cam .. ??
Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by colubrid660 View Post
Where do you work, at a post office?
Nah, I work in the 'hood. I'm supposed to have a ghetto pass, but it keeps getting revoked.