Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Evil Dead

That's one sick motherfucking poster. :)
Old 07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I'm also disappointed that it will be rated PG-13. I love Bale, and I love the Terminator franchise, so I'll still be seeing it. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, that bugs me a little as well. But I also love Bale, and I love the first two Terminator films (not crazy about the third one, but it is entertaining enough I suppose) and the poster is pretty awesome. So looking forward to it. :)
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
That's pretty annoying. But I'm not entirely sure how your certificates correspond with ours. I don't know whether a PG-13 would be closer (not in age, in content) to a 12a or a 15. If it's a 15 it might be okay. 12 and I'll be dissapointed.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
For Vendetta

September 12, 2008

"I'll be back," indeed.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has been photographed and videotaped chatting with actor Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation, the fourth installment in the franchise that began with Schwarzenegger starring as the titular cyborg.

Ever since T4 became a reality, fans have wondered whether the Austrian Oak would be involved with the sequel given his political commitments. According to a scooper for Latino Review, which has posted a snapshot of Schwarzenegger and Bale having a casual conversation on the set, the "premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The younger version of Arnie)."

The site adds, "It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production."
Old 11-03-2008, 03:44 AM
For Vendetta

October 23, 2008

Filming has wrapped on Terminator Salvation, the upcoming continuation of the sci-fi franchise starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, and work on the movie's copious special effects has started.

Director McG is giving fans an update on the production via the film's website.

He says, "We wrapped principal photography. Now we're heavy into post. I've already shown early cuts to Christian and Sam. They seem pleased with where the film is headed. Our focus is on story and character, but it's fun diving into the world of visual effects."

The movie is set in 2018, and tells what happens when John Connor (Bale), leader of the resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators, meets Marcus Wright (Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus set out on a mission that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they find out a terrifying secret that may mean the end of humankind.

"Christian and Sam bring power to the rolls of John Connor and Marcus Wright," McG says. "This is a story of two destinies colliding. Connor is part of a resistance comprised of the ethnicities that make up the globe. This film is so much more that just Los Angeles. It reflects the global crisis of man, all of man versus machine."

The director explains that the idea behind the film was to present the world after judgment day. "We set out to create a world that honored the Terminator mythology but was its own new beginning," he says.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 AM
For Vendetta

Terminator 5

December 14, 2008

The Terminator will be back.

Halcyon Co. toppers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth instalment of the man-vs.-machine franchise.

Helmer McG, who directed the upcoming fourth pic, "Terminator Salvation," is working with the Halcyon duo on the latest project.

Announcement was among the news that came out of the Dubai Intl. Film Festival, which bowed Dec. 11 and runs through Thursday.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

When Anderson and Kubicek acquired the rights to the lucrative "Terminator" franchise last year from previous owners C2, the former ad exec and banker envisaged the re-booted series as a trilogy.

Christian Bale has signed on in the role of John Connor for all three roles.

Newest pic is tentatively skedded for a 2011 release.

The duo had originally planned to wait until the release of "Terminator Salvation" next summer before deciding on whether to proceed with the next chapter, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current pic has encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule.

"We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek said.

Warner Bros. is handling the domestic release of "Terminator Salvation" with Sony handling the majority of the rest of the world, with the exception of the Middle East where the film is being handled by Dubai-based Gulf Film.

No decision has been made yet on whether the fifth "Terminator" will be once again split by Warner Bros. and Sony.

"Terminator" vidgame, which has been developed inhouse through the Halcyon Games division, will be released day-and-date with the live action pic.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
New Terminator trilogy

I just saw the preview last night. wat do you all think of this idea. I love the terminator movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvaP9oNe2M

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
For Vendetta

Last month it was reported that Linda Hamilton was in talks to reprise her classic role as Sarah Connor in the form of a voice over for Terminator Salvation.

And now confirmation of the actress' involvement has seemingly arrived.

At the time of that original story, Hamilton said that she had been approached about being part of the fourth Terminator film. "We are talking," Hamilton said in February, adding that she had yet to read the script and was unaware of the direction of the story.

She's apparently aware now of that direction. According to one of Chud.com's sources who has seen the film, Hamilton's voice over is indeed in the film and "it works very well in context. Her voice over is not long, and it comes at the very beginning of the movie; the source compared it in tone and style to her voice over in T2."

Sounds perfect.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 AM
For Vendetta

Warner Bros. may have completely changed the final third of Terminator: Salvation because of the script leak that happened last year.

A source at Warner Bros. apparently told Moviehole that there had been big changes to the film in the last few months "because of the Internet leak... the ending doesn't resemble the previous one in any shape or form."

He went on: "[It's] a complete [180 degrees] from the original film. Works better. Probably not as hard to swallow. Real good though."

Many thought the rumoured plot spoiler was just made up, with McG writing on his blog at the time that "only three people know the ending."

(Possible Spoilers Ahead)

The original leak, in June 2008, had John Connor (Christian Bale) losing his life after fighting a T-800. Feeling it was important to keep the idea that John Connor is still alive, the resistance ripped off Marcus's skin (Sam Worthington's character) and put John Connor's on the skeleton so now Marcus is John Connor.

(Spoilers End)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Glad to hear they changed it...utterly horrendous ending that was.