Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
For Vendetta

JJ Abrams' "Super 8"

(via EmpireOnline)

Sorry Cloverfield fans, it looks like your hopes for a prequel/sequel/ biopic of the creature are being thwarted by mean ol’ JJ Abrams: according to the man himself, his new secret project, Super 8, is not linked to the sneakily marketed monster movie.

Vulture followed up their report from earlier this week about the new project's ties to that film by tracking down the man himself at an event to get what specifics they could prise from his tricky, specifics-evading mouth.

"You have to check out the trailer, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with Cloverfield, despite your expert reporting."

Zing, as we believe the kids say.

As for what it actually is about? Abrams isn’t spilling. "I won’t be able to tell you until it’s done," he told the blog. Which makes it sound like it’s so top secret, Abrams hasn’t even told himself yet. Now that’s commitment.

So everything right now is speculation – though the current thinking is that it’ll be another low-budget outing with amateur filmmakers capturing something strange in their footage. We won’t really know until midnight tonight in the US, when the trailer starts showing in front of Iron Man 2.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:22 AM
For Vendetta

New details have emerged from various sources since the promo has begun to show in front of Iron Man 2 and a few lucky folk got to see it even earlier than that.

So what is the thing all about?

Contrary to earlier rumours it is, as Abrams has since announced, nothing to do with Cloverfield though it will share a tonal similarity with the creature feature, since it involves ordinary people encountering something decidedly extraordinary.

Abrams has written the script and, yes, will direct the film. And Steven Spielberg is producing.

There will be a lot less shaky-cam in the final film and it’ll boast a budget of between $45-50 million. It’s a blend of the Star Trek director’s love of sci-fi and the Close Encounters ethos of Spielberg’s early work.

And Paramount intends to release it next year. 2011 is seriously shaping up as an amazing summer season.

Finally, because the trailer’s full contents deserve to remain a surprise, they won't be spilled here. If you absolutely, positively have to find out what cinemagoers are watching across the pond, hit up the Heat Vision Blog.

But don’t complain if it drains the fun out of seeing it with your eyeballs fresh for the first time…

The Official Site is now live, featuring a suitably retro image and a promise of a proper trailer.

http://www.super8-movie.com/

No sign as of till now, but if you're desperate to see it...

Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Saw the trailer before Iron Man. I'm sure i'll be interested once we know a bit more. Doesn't look as good as cloverfield though, but Abrams usually knows what he's doing, so i'm optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

yeah.....another gimmick ....hope it's good.
Closed Thread