Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who should win lawsuit to own the rights to Black Sabbath
Equally split between origional four members 1 33.33%
Toni Iommi 2 66.67%
Ozzy 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Evil Dead

Ozzy At It Again.....Who Should win?

Ozzy Osbourne's Black Sabbath Suit Against Tony Iommi Moving Forward
February 26, 2010 12:15 p.m. by Andrew Winistorfer

A federal judge in Manhattan ruled yesterday that Ozzy Osbourne's lawsuit against Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi over royalties can move forward. Osbourne is suing Iommi over claims that Iommi trademarked the Black Sabbath name, and has not paid merchandise and name-rights royalties to other members for quite sometime. Iommi is claiming that Ozzy gave up al his rights when he quit the band in 1979, but Osbourne says he signed on to handle quality control of the Black Sabbath brand in 1997, which would mean he's entitled to some money. Here's Ozzy's statement from last year, when he first announced the lawsuit.

What a bitch Ozzy is. He must be jealous that the real Sabbath are back together and Dio can still sing better than Ozzy can on his best day. Funny how Ozzy launches this lawsuit after Black Sabbath w. DIO (Heaven And Hell) reform and rock the world.

Anyhow what do you think, who should have the rights to sabbath? Iommi who stayed with Sabbath since the beginning or Ozzy who drops in every 20 years when he needs some creditability or is acting like a jealous X.

Last edited by Deimos; 05-10-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Misanthrope

Well Iommi started the band and stuck with it thru thick and thin so I'd tend to side with him. All the members should get royalties for the stuff they played on/were involved in and it sounds like Iommi hasn't been doing that.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Well Iommi started the band and stuck with it thru thick and thin so I'd tend to side with him. All the members should get royalties for the stuff they played on/were involved in and it sounds like Iommi hasn't been doing that.
I just find it strange that after all this time when Iommi & Geezer decide to get back together with Appice & DIO to form Heaven and Hell and make Sabbath live again Ozzy files a lawsuit. I think Ozzy should get royalties for the early Sabbath albums he played on which Im sure he has as he still uses these songs in his live sets, but Sabbath belongs to Toni. I hope Toni wins and they revert Heaven And Hell back to Black Sabbath, fuck Ozzy.

Last edited by Deimos; 05-10-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Misanthrope

If I were to be really anal I'd say its really Geezer's band seeing as he wrote most of the tunes.

I don't really care. There all just washed up has beens flogging a dead horse reliving past glories because there music has become pedestrian.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
meh, who cares. give it all to Dio so he can survive cancer somehow.

Click for B-Movie reviews!