Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

read through the thread. I say several times that this is a restart, and they're disassociating it with the previous series

and read the cast, writer, and director. This won't suck
Old 09-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Evil Dead

Then why does Imdb (a source I trust much more than you, no offence) call it Batman 5?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." – Dr. Seuss

"Someone called actors 'sculptors in snow.' Very apt. In the end, it's all nothing." – Vincent Price

The Oldest and Stongest Emotion of Man is Fear- H.P Lovecraft

Six bottles went down the drain
One hour's a waste of time
I'd ask if you feel the same
Still pushin that chance to try
Your breath in this cool room chill
Long hair that blows side to side
You speak and make time stand still
And each time you walk right on by
Old 09-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

they also call it Batman: Intimidation. Working titles don't mean shit. The official site calls it Batman Begins
Old 09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Boogeyman

it should be called batman begins
i am the dragon and you call me insane you aprivate to a great becoming,and you recodnize nothing, you are an ant in the afterbirth, it is your nature to do one thing correctly, before me you rightly tremble, but fear is not what you owe me, you owe me all
Old 09-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

It IS called Batman Begins.

Anywho,
From 411mania:
Quote:
James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer are in negotiations with Warner Bros. to collaborate on the score for Batman Begins for director Chris Nolan. The longtime friends Zimmer and Howard are looking to join forces.

A spokeswoman for Howard confirmed that the co-composing plan for Batman is "very likely to happen" but that exact plans will be formalized "closer toward January," with scoring set to begin "in April or May."

Batman Begins is set for a June 17th release and will star Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, Katie Holmes, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman.

Credit: Hollywood Reporter
Old 09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here what the screenwriter has to say...

Batman Begins screenwriter, David Goyer, reveals what influenced him while writing for the project.

"The moment in 'Year One' when Bruce Wayne is returning to Gotham after a multi-year absence. I was captivated by that," he revealed. "I wanted to explore what had happened in those intervening years and I also wanted to depict the moment when he decides to leave Gotham – what he would say to Alfred, his foster father, and how that would take a terrible toll on his heart...And because we were using Ra's al Ghul, we definitely used some of the Denny O'Neill issues as a point of reference."

Batman Begins is due out next summer.

Credit: Cinecon.com
I love the fact that they're using some of the comics as a point of reference. Nice to have people working on a movie who actually respect the subject matter.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I love the fact that they're using some of the comics as a point of reference. Nice to have people working on a movie who actually respect the subject matter.
i agree completely,in fact that's the only way to do it.for me there will always be one writer for batman...frank miller and for those of you who don't know who he is...CHECK HIM OUT!!his writing,his art is some of the finest in the business(batman,sin city(which they're also making a movie of),big fat kill among others)which incidently is where they got the title "year one"from.as for all the previous batman films...they suck(which the exceptions of burton's films,for there time and place..they were good)and little to no actual source material was used.someone asked earlier in the thread about the "other"(michal gogh) alfred...he's dead.and finally to those bitchin about this movie's "place" on hdc.there are undenable horror elements in this movie as well as fantasy and an overall suspension of disbelief...now how for removed from horror does that make it?

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Holy Light of Judgement

Send a message via AIM to Malicious_Mirth
omg that toolk a long time to read what with the script spoilers and all lmao

but jesus i am soooo excited about this one.......bale is one my favorites and gary oldman is my favorite.....OMG!!

i am about ti shit my britches!!!!:D :D :(

AREA: infinite.
The Hitchickers guide to the galaxy provides this definition of the word infinite.
Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow thats big," time. Infinity is just so big that, by comparison, bigness itself looks really quite titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept were trying to get across here.

IMPORTS: none
It is impossible to import things into an infinite area, there being no outside to import things in from.

EXPORTS: none
(see imports)
Old 10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
the teaser is awwsome and this movie just sounds amazing....i read the script and if its real then its gonna be a good movie....since it does have a great director and an awwsome writer shall be a good flick in my opinion
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Undead

I went to school with Christian Bale for a bit in as a kid. Nice to see him doing so well.