Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Cranky

I agree with all the most recent posts. I watched it at home On Demand. I'm glad I didn't have it spoiled by morons in the theatre.

I'm fascinated by the whole life as video image metaphor thing and I think this one was one of the best examples. The scenes where she getds out of bed and just stands staring at her husband for 2 hours at a time were very creepy, IMO. And if you put yourself in that situation and say you wouldn't be scared, you're lying.

One of the best modern horror films, IMO.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post

I'm fascinated by the whole life as video image metaphor thing and I think this one was one of the best examples. The scenes where she getds out of bed and just stands staring at her husband for 2 hours at a time were very creepy, IMO. And if you put yourself in that situation and say you wouldn't be scared, you're lying.
Ditto. :)

Although over hyped & may not be the best for me but as a POV Horror feature I think it's a pretty decent one.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Cranky

This movie shares some similarities with one of yoyr favorites- The Haunting- and the way that it builds its atmosphere impeccably, and it's the UNSEEN which is terrifying, along with those horrible SOUNDS.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

What gave the night vision scenes great creepy and scary atmosphere is the low dull humm that is in the score. As soon as the camera switches and that sound starts getting louder you know something bad is gonna happen. i thought that was great usage of a simple sound but didnt notice it in the theatre. I have surround sound and a big ass TV at home and it made the movie a lot better. Plus no annoying kids talking the whole time.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
What gave the night vision scenes great creepy and scary atmosphere is the low dull humm that is in the score. As soon as the camera switches and that sound starts getting louder you know something bad is gonna happen. i thought that was great usage of a simple sound but didnt notice it in the theatre. I have surround sound and a big ass TV at home and it made the movie a lot better. Plus no annoying kids talking the whole time.
I noticed this in the theater and totally agree with you. Knowing something bad is going to happen creates this awesome tension. Even though you expect it you don't know when it's coming and it makes the jumps that much better. I think I'm gonna re-watch this soon.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I noticed this in the theater and totally agree with you. Knowing something bad is going to happen creates this awesome tension. Even though you expect it you don't know when it's coming and it makes the jumps that much better. I think I'm gonna re-watch this soon.
Ti Wests The house of the devil also does this almost better than any movie ive seen. Something about knowing the upending doom that the characters are going into make movies like these very enjoyable to watch. I guess there is something to be said about that
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs down paranormal activity

i saw this so called hyped movie yesterday, and to me it was nothing like people said it was. it was not scary at all. this type of movie was done before aka.. blair witch. nothing was original. even a 5 yr old kid can watch it without being scared. to me it did nothing for me. it was boring.although the ending was a little different, but that to was not a surprise. You could tell by that woman when she wanted all of the sudden to stay at the house, something was up.Now their making a pt 2, oh brother.:mad:
Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Cranky

First of all- the only similarity between PA & BW is the fact that a video camera was used. So, no, this film wasn't made before, and it wasn't called Blair Witch.

Next, if you can put yourself in that situation and tell me you wouldn't be scared, I say to you you're either lying or too stupid to know when you're in danger.

Also- don't start a new thread every time you watch a movie. Use existing threads.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Really liked this movie, seen it in theaters with my Girl friend, and we got kinda spooked at some parts...I really didn't like the ending though, gave everything away 'nuff said. >_>;
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I agree with all the most recent posts. I watched it at home On Demand. I'm glad I didn't have it spoiled by morons in the theatre.

One of the best modern horror films, IMO.
Agreed, scared the hell out of me for a while.

Tags
paranormal activity, scary