Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by lilknivesguy
Agreed, and thank you. No one responded to my note about Hammer's "lost projects" being resurrected.
I actually brought this up on page 3 and no one cared then either.......

""Which of the infamous announced projects which never got past the poster stage would you have most liked to see?

I have to say that the most interesting looked like "Zeppelin vs Pteradactyl"!!
Quite how they would have drummed up a budget big enough NOT to make this look awful is beyond me!
But i sure would have loved to see the results!""
Old 03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
Back to the topic of films (why most people come here I assume...take note)...I have to say that the most interesting looked like "Zeppelin vs Pteradactyl"!!
Page 3 it was! Let's hope we can stay on target.

Indeed, "Zeppelin vs Pteradactyl" would have been the most eleborate of the planned productions, if only to envision how Hammer would have gone about the SFX. Probably a Harryhausen-esque stop action, move model sort of sequence. A shame. Would have been pretty cool.

I, personally, would have scripted it with Nazis. Nazis and dinosaurs. Now there's a combination.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:39 AM
I Am Male.

I think hammer should just be left alone, no remakes, no nothing, just let it be preserved in time, making a modern day remake or sequel would take the magic away from these films.

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
I think hammer should just be left alone, no remakes, no nothing, just let it be preserved in time, making a modern day remake or sequel would take the magic away from these films.
"You can't go home again. You can't recover the past." Wolfe was right. So are you. But it's a fun diversion. If any studio seriously does plan on resurrecting the Hammer franchise, it will of course tarnish the memory. Especially since part of Hammer's charm was its Technicolor take on iconic monsters using classically trained actors and/or little known Eastern European beauties. Shocking then. Nostalgic now. What's the other oft-abused phrase? Can't catch lightning in a bottle twice? But let us have our fun. A man's escapes should exceed his taste or what's a forum for.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I Am Male.

Its like taking the Mona Lisa, printing it in a computer, adding some new toches to it, and then selling it for 1,000,000 dollars.

Back then movies were about the craftsmanship, and effort put into them, the Hammer films are a landmark in horror films that stand for that.

They stand for something that films today don't, they stand for something that isn't made on a computer, they stand for our beloved genre. Don't let remakes touch this, don't let remakes put scratch marks into this.....

5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicHorror
...Don't let remakes touch this, don't let remakes put scratch marks into this.....
No argument, but I think we lost track of the thread somewhere, or at least the tangent concerning Hammer's unfilmed "lost" projects. So we're not talking remakes as much as never-mades.
Zeppelin vs. Pterodactyls was mentioned, as was (by me) I am Legend (aka Night Creatrues, as it might have been called, according to Hunter).

Speaking of Matheson, who wrote the script for Hammer's adaption of the Dennis Wheatley's Devil Rides Out, I recently came across a late 1990s script to a proposed sequel to a ner-made remake of Devil called Gateway to Hell. Robin Price who used to work for Hammer apparently made the script available to Wheatley fans through a tribute site.

Read all about it at
http://www.denniswheatley.info/films02.htm

I was never much a fan of Wheatley's stuff, but it's interesting to see that so many years after Devil Rides Out, there are scripts being floated about.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 AM
I Am Male.

I also think the unfinished projects should be left alone, because they're like museum pieces..ehh but still I'd rather see an unfinished project then a remake.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I disagree HorrorClassic I think unmade movie ideas if they have any merrit should be made.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:17 AM
I Am Male.

Its ClassicHorror.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
LOL oops sorry