Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

The Rage & Infestation sound like cheesy fun films. I can't wait for their releases!

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
For Vendetta

John Carpenter returning to L.A. big "Gothic"-time?

This gets me excited – damn excited.

John Carpenter hasn’t done anything for a few years now – largely because no one would finance his idea for a “Thing” sequel, let alone the other projects he was shopping around – excluding some TV, but apparently the holiday is over.

The master of the genre – “The Thing”, “Escape from New York” or “Big Trouble in little China” – is rumoured to be making his comeback on a creature feature called “L.A Gothic”.

According to a tipster, “….the script has various chapters but they all revolve around a Preist and his Teen-age daughter and that there are a ton of creatures in it. It's supposed to have vampires, zombies and a demon-possesed rock-star. He said it all takes place in LA over a couple of days and that it's vintage Carpenter with tons of gore and action.”

Hopefully Kurt Russell will be in this baby. And is this the big one HDC's own Roderick Usher been scripting?!;)

Marilyn Manson still keeping "Phantasmagoria" alive

It was once though last year that shock-rocker Marilyn Manson was off shooting his first feature film, Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Caroll, only it was revealed in preparation for his latest CD release (Eat Me, Drink Me) that the process of prepping the film was draining him and taking up all of his free time. Now that Manson rushed through his latest effort (and wasted all of our money), he can now focus on his tour... and finally filming his first movie.

"Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll" is still "very much happening," Manson said. "We postponed the film until after this tour, so probably November, December."

Manson, based in Los Angeles, wrote the screenplay, and plans to direct and star in the movie. Besides Manson cast as author Carroll, the film will feature Lily Cole, Tilda Swinton and Manson's girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood.

Manson said he plans to compose music for the movie as well.

Of his decision to delay the film's production, Manson said, "I read Lewis Carroll's diaries, and he's a very fractured soul. I think I identified with it more than just fascination; I was in the same mental state. So I think, by waiting, I'll be able to make a better movie."

The film takes place in Victorian England where a haunted writer in an isolated castle is tormented by sleepless nights and visions of a girl named Alice. He finds himself becoming a symptom of his own invention. “Now all my nightmares know my name.” He is Lewis Carroll. Terrified of what waits for him each night.

On-set details from Romero's "Diary of the Dead"

Read on for a report from the sets of Romero's latest shooting in Canada...

"...Michael Felsher (Red Shirt Pictures): He’s wanted to go back to his independent roots for a while, especially with the zombie films because the last independent zombie film he did was “Day” back in 1985. He’s wanted to get back to his roots and kind of do guerilla filmmaking again. He’s said that to me several times. He’s said that to a lot of people. Because “Land” was a rough experience. It was a grueling shoot. He is extremely proud of “Land” and he’s very happy with the way it turned out, but I think this is more of a return to the kind of filmmaking he used to do in the seventies..."

"...Michelle Morgan (Debra): We’re film students making a mummy movie at the beginning and then the dead begin to walk and we all escape together in a Winnebago..."

"...Michael Felsher (Red Shirt Pictures): The Winnebago has a TV in it and one of the characters comes out and says, “Hey, what’s all this on the news?” They leave and try to get home, but very quickly everything has gone to hell and they’re just trying to survive on their own..."

"...Scott Wentworth (Professor Maxwell): So they’ve got all this equipment and, while they’re trying to get home, this student Jason feels the need to sort of document the experience so he becomes a sort of diarist and is uploading the film he’s shooting on the internet and kind of assembling the movie that we’re watching as it goes along..."

"...Michael Felsher (Red Shirt Pictures): It occurs over two days. They try to hole up in a few different places, but basically it’s all about them being on their own and trying to survive. They quickly come to the realization that there is no safe harbor and so they’re never at any one given place for that long..."

"...Scott Wentworth (Professor Maxwell): Maxwell is the film professor who teaches the students who are making the film-within-the-film, but you only catch a very small glimpse at the beginning of how he might function as a teacher. Once people start coming back from the dead and these guys decide they’ve got to start heading for their various homes, he ends up going along for the ride. It’s kind of interesting that an authority figure is sort of stripped of all authority and then has to kind of regain it through his actions and not through the fact that he gets to sit at the front of the class. It’s not an orthodox, older person, voice-of-authority. The voice-of-authority that emerges in this film is Debra, the young woman..."

"...Michael Felsher (Red Shirt Pictures): There’s no conventional camera watching everything. It’s told literally through the eyes of a filmmaker. As they’re trying to escape and get back to their homes and find out what’s going on, he’s taping the whole thing. His opinion is that this has to be documented and he becomes kind of obsessed with it. So we never really see the director. And they pick up a couple of cameras along the way. So it’s only seen from the cameras that the kids are shooting from..."

"...Paula Devonshire (line producer): One of the surviving characters goes around and accesses all these things, whether it’s someone’s cell phone, whether it’s Jason’s video camera, whether it’s another camera they find along the way, whether it’s security camera footage that may come from hospitals -- or wherever they’re at -- and then that person has compiled this movie from the tapes that they have accessed..."

"...Michelle Morgan (Debra): The idea is that Jason has made this movie, has filmed everything, and you’re watching the finished product after it has been edited together. So it’s not supposed to be continuous, like, every single moment..."

"...John Harrison (executive producer): It’s not gonna be “Blair Witch.” It’s not just gonna be a handheld camera that’s found in the woods somewhere. It’s a little more sophisticated than that. George has a really sophisticated stylistic sensibility about how this movie is going to play out. The best way I can describe it is that it’s a real documentary, in a way, of what’s going on. You know those guys in New York who just happened to be there when the planes hit the towers and then got all that great footage? It’s got that kind of feel and that kind of immediacy..."

"...Michael Felsher (Red Shirt Pictures): This is a new technique of filming for George. He’s doing things that he’s never attempted before. He’s not relying on a lot of -- I don’t want to say “tricks of the trade” -- but you know, there’s no musical score in this film. In some ways, he’s limiting himself in what he can do, but that’s opening up whole new creative avenues to express himself. I mean, he’s in his late sixties now and most filmmakers, at that point, are just happy to coast on what they’ve done before. But George is consistently pushing himself and consistently trying new things and trying to learn more about filmmaking. This film will be as distinctive as any film he’s ever done..."

"...John Harrison (executive producer): It’s a more personal story, it’s a more intimate production, and it’s going to be every bit as powerful and maybe more [than “Land of the Dead”]. I’m a good friend of his [Romero] and I think I’ve heard him talk about it and I share his opinion about this. The baggage that comes with doing a huge, big studio movie -- there are advantages to the extent that you can do some big shots, you can do some epic production value kinds of things -- but at the end of it, the movie has got to have a great story and great characterizations. And we have much more control on a smaller movie like this. I don’t think George would say for one minute that he’s deprived of anything he wants to do to make this movie. He’s got all the resources..."

"...John Harrison (executive producer): Well it’s not a sequel. It’s not a continuation of the story. George is actually back-flipping to the “Night of the Living Dead” era when the whole mythology began. Even though it’s updated and it’s set today -- it’s not set in 1968 -- it’s really kind of the beginnings of the thing again. But it’s told in a completely different and unique way so we’re kind of getting into the mythology of it a little bit more, some detail about how it starts and what happens to people and it’s told in a really unique way. This whole thing about it being a documentary about what’s going on, I think makes it really visceral, really immediate. So again, it’s not a continuation of the mythology, it’s not where the zombies have come to and how they’ve become more intelligent. It’s kind of going back to the beginning..."

You can read the full report here.

(Reference - aintitcool.com, moviehole.net, variety.com, hollywoodreporter.com, bloody-disgusting.com, myspace.com)
Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

Woohoo Carpenter is back!:D

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:24 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
John Carpenter returning to L.A. big "Gothic"-time?

This gets me excited – damn excited.

John Carpenter hasn’t done anything for a few years now – largely because no one would finance his idea for a “Thing” sequel, let alone the other projects he was shopping around – excluding some TV, but apparently the holiday is over.

The master of the genre – “The Thing”, “Escape from New York” or “Big Trouble in little China” – is rumoured to be making his comeback on a creature feature called “L.A Gothic”.

According to a tipster, “….the script has various chapters but they all revolve around a Preist and his Teen-age daughter and that there are a ton of creatures in it. It's supposed to have vampires, zombies and a demon-possesed rock-star. He said it all takes place in LA over a couple of days and that it's vintage Carpenter with tons of gore and action.”

Hopefully Kurt Russell will be in this baby. And is this the big one HDC's own Roderick Usher been scripting?!;)
WOOO HOOOOO!

That's my script, bitches!!!!

So Proud:D

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
WOOO HOOOOO!

WTG Sean!

I kinda knew it was you, when I read it. Yessssss guys this is gonna be awesome!!:D
Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Waste Disposer

Congrats Rodman:)
Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
WOOO HOOOOO!

Any word about Kurt or not?

Congratulations.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:59 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post

Congratulations.
I must err in favor of discretion on this. I'm sure you'll understand and I'll share details as soon it's prudent to do so. But I am happy as a pig in shit right now.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
I must err in favor of discretion on this. I'm sure you'll understand and I'll share details as soon it's prudent to do so. But I am happy as a pig in shit right now.
*sits patiently* Ok.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:12 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post

Congratulations.
No worries, MM. You ll see more details in this thread as soon as they are released/leaked. Hopefully Sean will elaborate on them when that happens. :)