Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Roll up! Roll up!

Once anything that wasn't originally based in space goes there, I give up on the franchise. It is just a terrible idea.

Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2 were both very good. Hellraiser 3 sucked because they just gave up and made it another stupid slasher movie. I believe it was the 4th one that was in space, that was pretty dire. I've not seen any since then.

I think a remake would be a bad idea. I can see the demon who chases Kirsty through Hell (The Engineer?) and the hobo-dragon being bad CGI which would be a mistake. I just think that the original was pretty much perfect for its day and the gory/splattery parts will seem overdone for gross-out value with modern special effects.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:28 AM
From The Beyond

Funnily I just watched Hellraiser:Inferno-it had very little to do with Hellraiser at all basically it was a different film with pinhead thrown in to cash in. Still gotta watch 6-8 though.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Funnily I just watched Hellraiser:Inferno-it had very little to do with Hellraiser at all basically it was a different film with pinhead thrown in to cash in. Still gotta watch 6-8 though.
did you like inferno ?

i still want to watch it, i heard alot of good things about it.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Living Dead

I need to see a trailer or something to judge wether or not it's gonna be good I do agree with another person it should be a sequel or prequel rather than a remake buuuuttt.....we'll see
Old 08-30-2011, 11:42 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
did you like inferno ?

i still want to watch it, i heard alot of good things about it.
Goodness its difficult to recommend it-having just watched watched part 6-Hellseeker which at least had Kirsty (ashley laurence) in it. They are very similar-there's just too much "unreality" in them that when their climaxes are revealed you just don't care-they are very hard to watch-not engrossing at all. I have a gut feeling that you wouldnt like either of them. Oh and I just watched part 7-Deader and that was much much better so I'd actually recommend that instead-I just need to see part 8-Hellworld to complete the set.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Bulletproof

Yeah I agree about Hellraiser Deaders..I thought It was a good Movie.:).Shame I cant say the same about Inferno or Hellworld.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I think they should have stopped after Hellraiser 2. In 3, Pinhead's priorities were skewed. If the whole world is Hell, Cenobites become moot. The point of Hellbound Heart and Hellraiser is that somebody sought out the ultimate experience and they got it and paid dearly for it. Pinhead has no reason to conquer the world. Bloodline created a cosmology and history that didn't entirely need to be there. Inferno is cool for adding noir elements into the equation, but it didn't need to be a Hellraiser movie. I would have preferred new, fresh demons. Hellseeker also didn't need to be a Hellraiser film. Deader I will admit I haven't seen. Hellworld was confusing, stupid and patronizing. It feels like Hellraiser was cut and pasted onto it. Revelations has made Clive Barker really angry. If you like Barker and you like Hellraiser, don't contribute money to making it an even worse franchise. Just say no. Shut the box before more crap comes out of it.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
From The Beyond

You should watch Deaders it was the reward for fans who persevered with Inferno and Hellseeker but I agree that the first two were the best. Having just seen the awful Hellworld I don't think I can take anymore.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 AM
For Vendetta

It looks like Hellraiser is headed for the seventh circle of development hell.

The project has already been through more directors than Pinhead’s got through souls, and now the latest additions – Drive Angry duo Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier – have dropped out.

We’re not sure why they left, but it might have something to do with the fact the production company behind the remake – those lovely Weinsteins – want it to be a PG-13.

Which probably means slightly less skin-flaying than in the original. Rendering it just a little bit pointless.

Still, we're sure this isn't the last we'll hear from the project. After all, the atrocious Hellraiser: Revelations was made so the brothers could hang on to the remake rights.

Is it just us, or does this feel a little bit like Pinhead's become sentient and is ushering in a new Hell on earth via the medium of Hellraiser sequels?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Scares Little Kids

Hellraiser was a pretty solid horror movie. Can't really see the need for a remake. But I want to see the final result with my own eyes before I complain about the new version. I'll at least give it a chance.