Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Evil Dead

I liked Session 9, I got creeped out towards the end. I don't think having a lot of gore makes a good horror movie.

As for having a ghost show up they did that in White noise and I had my own little riot in my mind :(
Old 09-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Clown Slayer

Feed

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Halloween
3. Dawn of the Dead (orig.)
4. Halloween II
5. Night of the Livng Dead (orig.)
6. The Evil Dead
7. The Exorcist
8. Alien
9. The Thing
10. Sesson 9
Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Evil Puppy

Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood
Gory and boring, I didn't hate it but it isn't a cinema gem of any sorts. Nice muscle fx. Hated the sound effects, sounded too often like a sloshing bucket of water.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:15 PM
in a sheep field.

Send a message via MSN to punk666 Send a message via Yahoo to punk666
resident evil

Old 09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
HDC's old chick

I forgot to mention earlier that this past weekend I also watched possibly the worst movie I've ever seen - "The Nightmare Never Ends". It starred Cameron Mitchell. Very possibly the worst acting, worst sound, worst special effects (granted, it is old), I could go on forever.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Session 9

Alright, I had watched this once and found it drastically over-stated on this message board so I figured maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind for it & when I saw it on Encore this week, I DVR'd it and gave it another go... I don't know what it is, but I just can 't get in to this film. I'm not a big fan of ghost/haunting stories to begin with, but ones that try to pull it off without even bothering to show you the ghost really need to make up for it some other way and I just don't feel like this one does it. The direction is fine, the acting is fine, but there's barely any gore and the plot gets unneccesarily confusing towards the end when it tries throwing in twists and turns. I don't know... I've tried twice now and haven't really dug this movie either time.

C
I completely agree.

I found this very overrated.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Tenant

Event Horizon

Badass film. I really enjoyed it, the only thing I can complain about is the CGI, which was horrible at parts. However, the acting, direction, twist, scares, and gore made up for that, easily.

Terrific flick, if anyone hasn't seen it, I highly reccomend it.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Evil Dead

I have SEEN it but I don't remember it well, The idea was creepy and the part when the light is flickering off and the woman with the black eyes HOLY SHIIIIIT.

Speaking of one of the worst movies Watch Troll 2 and that should cement your idea of a horrible movie. I hadn't seen it since I was 4 but When I found it I loved it

So yeah, you wanna look at a shitty movie try Troll 2.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
EVIL CON CARNE

The last month finaly I saw Silent Hill and Hard Candy (for the new users, I'm from Spain and here the film arrived on august) and Hard Candy.

About Silent Hill....well I realy likes the game saga, I've passed all the games etc so when I saw this film I realy enjoyed the first hour but when the cult appears....the film changes from a horror film into a monty python film (it's a witch!!!). I give to this film 3 over ten points

About Hard Candy, well it's a hard impact film but when I try to remember all the plot behind the images I realiced that it was weak. A sadic girl have a date with a photographer. The girl knows that this man has killed another girl just before her (but how the fuck she knows that?) and the must part of the film are sustented on all the tortures that this girl inflected to this man....on the biggest scenne I've to close my eyes (I think that every man that saw this, they have done the same). Nothing for me 3/10
Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacob Singer
The last month finaly I saw Silent Hill and Hard Candy (for the new users, I'm from Spain and here the film arrived on august) and Hard Candy.

About Silent Hill....well I realy likes the game saga, I've passed all the games etc so when I saw this film I realy enjoyed the first hour but when the cult appears....the film changes from a horror film into a monty python film (it's a witch!!!). I give to this film 3 over ten points

About Hard Candy, well it's a hard impact film but when I try to remember all the plot behind the images I realiced that it was weak. A sadic girl have a date with a photographer. The girl knows that this man has killed another girl just before her (but how the fuck she knows that?) and the must part of the film are sustented on all the tortures that this girl inflected to this man....on the biggest scenne I've to close my eyes (I think that every man that saw this, they have done the same). Nothing for me 3/10
Maybe something was lost in translation... but... I have to strongly disagree with "(but how the fuck she knows that?)". It's explained in the film, and is actually one of the most chilling statements in the final scenes.

In case you missed it, or didn't make the connection, here's how she knew Jeff was involved.

She "hunted" another before Jeff, a pedophile by the name of Eric. She, I presume, followed the same acts out on him that she did to Jeff, and as she states... Eric gave her the name of Jeff. In the questioning scenes, when Jeff reveals he didn't kill the girl, but only took pictures... she replies with "Funny, Eric told me the same thing before he killed himself."

Personally I'd give the film an 8, and it's definately on the "top films of the year" list for me.