Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2024, 03:08 AM
Evil Dead

HOME ALONE (1990). A little boy from the Chicago area wishes his family would disappear before they take a trip to Paris for the holidays-Not that I blame him; most of them are pretty obnoxious, especially the Uncle ("look what You did, You little jerk!"). Due to misunderstandings, this does happen and while He has to cope with this, there are also two burglars trying to break in and as "the Man of the house", it's up to him to protect it.

A huge hit when released. this is still pretty funny, although some scenes only slow the action (especially the ones involving John Candy and when Kevin tries to buy a toothbrush) and the endless yowling from Macualey Culkin are grating; maybe if they used it only for where He's lip-synching to "White Christmas" by The Drifters, it would have been better.

Of course, the main draw are the scenes where the Burglars are tested and thwarted trying to get into the house and what gluttons for punishment they are. I also wonder how's Kevin able to get the house back together and the (lack of a better word) remove the booby traps? ***1/2
Old 01-07-2024, 07:38 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995) comedy horror with Leslie Nielsen, I actually loved the blood splatter, and I enjoyed it for the most part.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:42 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)

a movie about playing god and creating abominations, Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer star in this story that was always interesting to me. One of the remakes, I gotta see the other versions of this film.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:32 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post

a movie about playing god and creating abominations, Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer star in this story that was always interesting to me. One of the remakes, I gotta see the other versions of this film.
The 1977 one isn't bad

The 1932 version is a total classic and still creepy. Very recommended.

I've heard all sorts of things of the '96 version, mostly of how it's a train wreck more than anything
Old 01-13-2024, 11:08 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Crow Valley (2022)

weird Australian movie, with psycho girl (and a little homage to Misery?)
Old 01-20-2024, 01:15 AM
Evil Dead

THE BONE COLLECTOR (1999). Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie are pretty good in this film that tries to be SEV7N light, A serial killer is following the guidelines of a book and a paralyzed Denzel and nervous Angelina try to stop him. Nothing great, but not at all bad either. ***
Old 01-27-2024, 12:55 AM
Evil Dead

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE WILD BUNCH (2023). OK Western of how BC's gang breaks the "No Killing" rule and end up with Pinkerton agents pursuing them . Jeffrey Coombs is pretty good as the main agent and although he gets top billing, Bruce Dern can't be in here for more than 15 minutes. A nice performance by Dee Wallace and I like how the story sets up the relationship between Butch, The Sundance Kid and Etta; almost a prequel to 1969's BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. ***
Old 01-27-2024, 11:09 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
The 1977 one isn't bad

The 1932 version is a total classic and still creepy. Very recommended.

I've heard all sorts of things of the '96 version, mostly of how it's a train wreck more than anything
The 1996 version was a bit odd to me. I thought it was sort of more a Heart of Darkness story then The Island of Dr. Moreau. If you're not familiar, Heart of Darkness is a story about someone going mad because they're in the jungle, which basically the root story for Apocalypse Now.

Also, I think the film lacked urgency, drive, and because of that a bit lack of a cohesive feel. It just kind of plodded along. It was still mildly enjoyable.

FryeDwight, you should check it out.

Old 02-02-2024, 12:14 PM
Hellraiser

[IMG]httG]

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2023; 03-23-2024 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 02:36 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The 1996 version was a bit odd to me. I thought it was sort of more a Heart of Darkness story then The Island of Dr. Moreau. If you're not familiar, Heart of Darkness is a story about someone going mad because they're in the jungle, which basically the root story for Apocalypse Now.

Also, I think the film lacked urgency, drive, and because of that a bit lack of a cohesive feel. It just kind of plodded along. It was still mildly enjoyable.

FryeDwight, you should check it out.
Well, Sculpt, if You recommend it, it should be worth seeing.

THE DEAD GIRL (2006). Very good, albeit depressing story involving the discovery of a mutilated corpse and how it all ties together with various people (The Stranger, The Sister, The Wife, The Mother and The Dead Girl). Stellar cast with Toni Collette, Piper Laurie (channelling the mother from CARRIE), Rose Byrne (who is fantastic), Mary Steenburgen, Bruce Davison, Mary Beth Hurt (also fantastic with a somewhat bold eye raising scene), Marcia Gaye Harden, Kerry Washington (looking so un-glammed from SCANDAL) and Britney Murphy, a couple of years before she passed. I had never heard of this and found it quite intriguing and think I will give it another look and soon. ****

Tags
movie