Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Severed: Forest of the Dead (2006)

DESCRIPTION: This contribution to the zombie horror genre explores what happens when a major forestry company attempts to genetically increase the wood output in one particular part of the forest. What they don't foresee is that their experiments will go awry, and accidentally turn several workers and protestors into a race of flesh-eating zombies out to get their revenge.

STORY: 3 out of 5

ACTORS QUALITY: 4 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 4 out of 5

BLOOD: 5 out of 5

GORE: 4 out of 5

GORE FX: 5 out of 5

FX: NA

LOVE: 0 out of 5

THOUGHTS: Wow, thats all I have to say...Rush out now and pick this one up..You wont be disappointed...This should of made it to theaters....You might get tired of the shakey camera, but after watching it again I really didnt notice it....Also , no comedy in this movie...Straight up zombie action

OVERALL SCORE: 5 out of 5
Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Evil Dead

Satan's Playground (2006)

DESCRIPTION: A supernatural shocker chronicling a family's spine-tingling odyssey in New Jersey's legendary Pine Barrens region. En route to a wilderness camping retreat, their car inexplicably breaks down. As darkness falls, panic sets in. Then the marooned family stumbles upon an ancient and seemingly abandoned house. And it is here that they meet the bizarre Mrs. Leeds who lives there with her equally unhinged children. Offering no assistance, she warns of a violent, unseen force lurking in the forbidding countryside. Soon, the family will encounter a supernatural evil older than the woods themselves.

ACTORS QUALITY: 2 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 2 out of 5

BLOOD: 2 out of 5

GORE: 1 out of 5

GORE FX: 1 out of 5

FX: NA

LOVE: 0 out 0f 5

THOUGHTS: I think the main character ruined the movie for me....Bad acting from her part and just screaming all the time gets old....And every character is pretty dumb....

OVERALL RATING: 2 out of 5
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally posted by rubenmania
Santa's Slay (2005)

DVD DESCRIPTION: It turns out that Santa Claus is not really the sweet old fellow that we all know and love... In fact, he's the devil and the only thing that's kept his bad side in check was a bet he lost with an angel... After 1000 years of playing nice, the bet is up and Santa is about to open up a can of holiday Whoop- Ass!!!...The only glimmer of hope comes from an old man with a secret, his grandson and his girlfriend.... Brace yourself for one really bad Santa, bent on spreading holiday fear!!!

ACTORS QUALITY: 3 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 5 out of 5: Santas out of control

BLOOD: 1 out of 5

GORE: 0 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 1 out of 5

LOVE: 1 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: Santa is played by Bill Goldberg from WCW & WWE...He's one bad dude....Not much talking from him, but alot of 1 liners...This had to be a made for tv movie....Rent this only if you have nothing else to watch...

OVERALL SCORE: 2 out of 5
i bought this. havnt got around to watching it yet, but it looks hilarious.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Evil Dead

Any more of these coming? I'd be interested in review some of these as well if you weren't going to keep on going. :)
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Evil Dead

The Strangers (2008)

DVD Description: After returning from a wedding reception, a couple staying in an isolated vacation house receive a knock on the door in the mid-hours of the night. What ensues is a violent invasion by three strangers, their faces hidden behind masks. The couple find themselves in a violent struggle, in which they go beyond what either of them thought capable in order to survive.

STORY: 1 out of 5

ACTORS QUALITY: 4 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 1 out of 5

GORE: NA

Scare Factor: 1 out of 5: Just for the killers being in the house.

SPECIAL EFFECTS: NA

LOVE: NA

FINAL THOUGHTS: We all have seen this kinda movie before and The Strangers doesn't take us in a different direction. When I firsted started to watch it. It seemed to have promise and then the same old thing keep happening. Why in these kind of movies, people keep going back to the same place where it started. Worth a one time watch.

OVERALL SCORE: 2 out of 5

Last edited by rubenmania; 03-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I would like to see your review of 'Amusement.' It's right up your alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Evil Dead

The Last House On The Left (1972)

DVD Description: A pair of teenage girls are headed to a rock concert for one's birthday. While trying to score marijuana in the city, the girls are kidnapped by a gang of psychotic convicts.

ACTORS QUALITY: 1 out of 5

Scare Factor: NA

SPECIAL EFFECTS: NA

Sexual Content: 2 out of 5: rape scences

FINAL THOUGHTS: Dont let the score factors stop you from seeing this movie. I seen this awhile back on VHS and just saw it on DVD and I swear they edited a lot out on the DVD. If possible check out the VHS. When I first saw it I didn't really care for it, but since the remake is coming out I had to see it again. It must of been from the quality of the VHS. Now it is actually a good movie, but like I said the DVD is edited. Watch this before seeing the remake. And from the cover, it looks like a horror movie. Its not and the house looks nothing like the one from the cover.

OVERALL SCORE: 4 out of 5

Last edited by rubenmania; 03-19-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Evil Dead

Battle Royale (2000)

DVD Description: In the future, the Japanese government captures a class of ninth-grade students and forces them to kill each other under the revolutionary "Battle Royale" act

ACTORS QUALITY: NA (Subtitled)

VIOLENCE: 3 out of 5 ( A lot of same kills)

BLOOD: 5 out of 5 (Because of every kill)

Scare Factor: NA

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 3 out of 5 (Blood & wounds look good)

Sexual Content: NA

FINAL THOUGHTS: I heard a lot of hype about this movie, so I couldn't wait to see it. But, it didn't turn out like the hype was. Overall a one time watch. Lots of killing. Gets kinda slow at times.

OVERALL SCORE: 3 out of 5 : One time watch

Last edited by rubenmania; 03-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Evil Dead

Breeders (1986)

DVD Description: Young women in New York are being raped, and police and doctors are baffled. Eventually, however, doctors begin to notice a strange residue on all of the victims. This clue leads police to the underground lair of an alien who's impregnating virgins to propagate his species. Soon, the women rise from their hospital beds in trance states and find their way to the heart of the lair to bathe in alien slime.

ACTORS QUALITY: 1 out of 5

BLOOD: 2 out of 5

Scare Factor: 0 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 3 out of 5

Sexual Content: 1 out of 5 (Chest shots)

FINAL THOUGHTS: Wow, can I please have back the 1 hr 19 mins it took to watch. Plan boring, not even worth a watch.

OVERALL SCORE: 0 out of 5 : Leave this one alone
Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Evil Dead

Mulberry Street (2006)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473514/

DVD Description: A mysterious virus creates pandemonium as it spreads through the Big Apple in this eerie creature feature that gives new meaning to the term rat race. On a scorching day in Manhattan, the denizens of a tumbledown tenement on Mulberry Street grouse about the heat, but as night falls, they find themselves battling a horde of mutants turning powerless New Yorkers into a bloodthirsty new species.

ACTORS QUALITY: 2 out of 5

VIOLENCE: 3 out of 5

BLOOD: 5 out of 5 ( Lots)

Scare Factor: 0 out of 5

SPECIAL EFFECTS: 3 out of 5 (For how they look)

Sexual Content: 0 out of 5

FINAL THOUGHTS: Before, REC and Quarantine their was Mulberry Street. And it is a good one. You should be able to pick this one up at Walmart for 5-7 dollars.

OVERALL SCORE: 4 out of 5 : Buy it (Only if you like Zombie flicks)