Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Undead

Send a message via ICQ to wvhorrorfan Send a message via AIM to wvhorrorfan Send a message via Yahoo to wvhorrorfan
classic film.

have the milenium version, the one in the red with the grave on teh cover.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
I never felt bad for him because he's just an actor and wasn't actually killed after a night of horror
:rolleyes:
Old 11-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to evildeadfreak
Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Yep. That certainly comes as a shock the first time you see the film. One of my favorite endings of all time... Waaaaay ahead of it's time, in my opinion.

I never felt bad for him because he's just an actor and wasn't actually killed after a night of horror, but I can see how you (and many others) can sympathize with the character making it through all that shit just to be taken out by humans at the end.

Anyways, I love the ending. Return of the Living Dead has a similar ending too, which I also loved.
I'm sad for the guy that he acted as..... I'm not acttuly sad for the actor

Old 11-25-2005, 09:31 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I never really thought they killed him because they thought he was a zombie. As I recall, he yelled to them quite clearly. I always thought they killed him because he was black, and with zombies running rampany, nobody would know the difference.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
The Saw is Family

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror1979
I felt someone should have survived the movie. Luckily the sequels afterwards makes up for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Smack My Titties

There is a racism rumour about the black hero being unexpectedly shot by the white gang - but I don't see what it is.

The ending is of course shockingly downbeat, but just like Return of the Living Dead (1 & 3), Seven and The Blair Witch Project these are downbeat endings to dark and excellent films - lighten up the finales and risk ruining the whole memory of the experience.

More seat-rattling, unhappy endings - less nicely wrapped up schmaltz, s'il vous plait.

:cool:
Old 12-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
I never really thought they killed him because they thought he was a zombie. As I recall, he yelled to them quite clearly. I always thought they killed him because he was black, and with zombies running rampany, nobody would know the difference.
I remember thinking, "What kind of nut doesn't call out? He's gonna get himself shot."
I don't remember him calling out at all.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
For me, NOTLD is about the seeds of hate spreading through the masses, turning people into animalistic shambling horrors. And one of the points made in NOTLD is that people in modern day America aren't that much better. The last thing you see is Ben getting shot by government commisioned zombie hunters. My theory on this is because Romero thinks nobody looks at people as people. And it's pretty true. Look how sympathetic he is toward the zombies in Land of the Dead, and what a pack of animals the bikers in Dawn of the Dead are. It's all about dehumanization. Ben, as a black man is no more of a person in the 60's than the zombies these guys shoot down. That's my interpretation at least.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
GRAVE DANCER

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Ive always thought the same thing
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
For me, NOTLD is about the seeds of hate spreading through the masses, turning people into animalistic shambling horrors. And one of the points made in NOTLD is that people in modern day America aren't that much better. The last thing you see is Ben getting shot by government commisioned zombie hunters. My theory on this is because Romero thinks nobody looks at people as people. And it's pretty true. Look how sympathetic he is toward the zombies in Land of the Dead, and what a pack of animals the bikers in Dawn of the Dead are. It's all about dehumanization. Ben, as a black man is no more of a person in the 60's than the zombies these guys shoot down. That's my interpretation at least
Or it could be about hoards of undead laying seige to some folks in a house overnight.