Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Eater of Heads

The first movie that pops into my head is The Blair Witch Project. I tried to like that movie. I really, really did. Didn't find it scary or well acted or any of the things normally attributed to it. I also laughed at the ending, which I guess wasn't the proper response because people gave me the evil eyeball.

An older one that comes to mind is The Legend of Hell House, man that movie might be considered a haunted house classic by some, but I thought it was ridiculously silly and funny as hell. Also Nightmare on Elm Street never grew on me. I don't get what people see in that movie. Don't Look Now and Sweet Alice both sucked.

Newer ones would have to include the entire Saw franchise, the entire Hostel franchise and that awful Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.
Life is just a dream. If we're lucky a nightmare. Dreams fade away, nightmares stick to your brain like peanut butter to the roof of an unsuspecting mouth. Horror speaks to what makes us human. Peanut butter speaks to what makes us hungry.

www.lifeafterundeath.com
Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Evil Dead

1. The Exorcist - saw this with my family when it first came out. We just sat there laughing our asses off. I watched it years later to see if I just didn't get it. It still wasn't scary. But, LINDA BLAIR is HOT.

2. The Blair Witch Project - The only way this crap could be scary or entertaining is if the footage was actually real. It wasn't. It doesn't look authentic, and anyone who is being chased by a creature and holds onto the camera deserves to die.

3. Every Rob Zombie movie. He replaced character with fuck. He replaced plot with mother fucker, and he replaced fright with fuck, fuck, fuck. After 25 fucks, I'm no longer intimidated, I'm bored.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
1. The Exorcist - saw this with my family when it first came out. We just sat there laughing our asses off.
I'm very glad I was not in the theater that day.:mad:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 AM
The Pigg

I didn't like 28 days later either, but there isn't many new horrors I think are great anyway....I prefer stuff like The Sixth Sense
Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I'm very glad I was not in the theater that day.:mad:
Sorry. I was 13 I think when it first came out. It was hyped up the wazoo. It made the top news story for days: people fainting, nurses needing to be in the lobby. People running out of the theatre screaming. Not for our family. Even on a religious level it did nothing for us. I did like her head going around. For the time, the sexual aspects (especially it being a child) were breaking boundaries. But, just not scary.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
Sorry. I was 13 I think when it first came out. It was hyped up the wazoo. It made the top news story for days: people fainting, nurses needing to be in the lobby. People running out of the theatre screaming. Not for our family. Even on a religious level it did nothing for us. I did like her head going around. For the time, the sexual aspects (especially it being a child) were breaking boundaries. But, just not scary.
You hurt my heart.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned

I watched The Exorcist for the first time at an early age, probably around 10 or 11. I hated it, I remember thinking it was boring and not the least bit scary. Keep in mind this was on like a 19 inch tv in the 80's.Recently I rewatched it on my big screen with surround sound and was blown away. I couldn't believe I had been hating this movie for so long with it being such a masterpiece. Hell, I think I mentioned this movie in this thread before I had watched it again.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
I watched The Exorcist for the first time at an early age, probably around 10 or 11. I hated it, I remember thinking it was boring and not the least bit scary. Keep in mind this was on like a 19 inch tv in the 80's.Recently I rewatched it on my big screen with surround sound and was blown away. I couldn't believe I had been hating this movie for so long with it being such a masterpiece. Hell, I think I mentioned this movie in this thread before I had watched it again.
Which version did you watch? The Original theatrical release or The Version You've Never Seen.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Which version did you watch? The Original theatrical release or The Version You've Never Seen.

The version on Netflix, the theatrical version. Did I miss much?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Demon from Ago

The Version You've Never Seen does add extra atmosphere and one scene in particular that was left out of the original is, IMO, one of the freakiest parts of the movie. Check it out, see if you agree.