Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 PM
She's under the stairs

I now pronounce you chuck and Larry

It's another Adam Sandler movie, funny enough, but too long for what it is and a typicly bad ending.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Evil Dead

Survival Quest (1989)
Old 11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
She's under the stairs

Halloween III Season of the Witch

5.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
whatever gets you through

Darjeeleng Limited - the new Wes Anderson flick. i have to admit i hated The Life Aquatic (love Bill Murray but HATED this film as self-indulgent and pretentious nonsense). what made me sad was i adored anderson's Bottle Rocket and think Rushmore is one of the best films of its era. well, while Darjeleeng isn't quite up to Rushmore it is by far the best thing Anderson has done in years and the performances by Schwartzman, Owen and Brody are brilliant. the film is quirky and weird but these moments usually hit the mark perfectly. 9.5/10
Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Bourne Identity (1988) [TV]

>>: B+

Rescue Dawn

>>: A-
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
The Simpsons Movie 6/10

I was really disappointed with this.It had some good parts but mostly it just felt like it lacked the greatness of wait the show has.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Darjeeleng Limited - the new Wes Anderson flick. i have to admit i hated The Life Aquatic (love Bill Murray but HATED this film as self-indulgent and pretentious nonsense). what made me sad was i adored anderson's Bottle Rocket and think Rushmore is one of the best films of its era. well, while Darjeleeng isn't quite up to Rushmore it is by far the best thing Anderson has done in years and the performances by Schwartzman, Owen and Brody are brilliant. the film is quirky and weird but these moments usually hit the mark perfectly. 9.5/10
Ohhhhh... I love Wes. I really need to go out and see that... Tenenbaums was my personal favorite...

And now for my last seen films... The next 3 in the 8 Films to Die For HorrorFest!

Lake Dead

I mean, with a quality title such as this, how can this movie possibly be bad?!

So three sisters find out that the grandfather that they thought was already dead, wasn't until, well, he actually died and left them a motel in a remote location. They travel up to the motel for the weekend... And are hunted down with such poor direction that there is no suspense, horror, or slashing at all... Bad writing, TERRIBLE direction, and a really horrible poorly executed storyline. D-

Mulberry Street

By far my second favorite film of the Festival so far (I've seen 6 out of 8 films). Mulberry Street is another modern variance of the monster/zombie infection formula. Very obviously influenced by 28 Days Later, this film uses gritty filtering and a well-directed shaky cam to create believable suspense and paranoia. Mulberry Street takes place primarily in a New York City neighborhood and follows the tenants in an apartment building as they strive to survive a spreading mysterious infection. The writing is smooth, the acting fantastic (the characters believable and charming), the special effects and make-up are truly horrifying. Definitely a successful chapter in the increasingly growing zombie mythos. Loved it and plan on owning it. A must for zombie/monster movie fans.A-/A

Tooth and Nail

So the Earth has suffered through the apocalypse; fuel has been completely depleted and for some reason, the world's population is decreased by 2/3 in a matter of, oh, three years... yeah... So a group of local tools (seriously - tools; if you survive an apocalypse, I'd imagine that you'd be pretty badass... But not in Tooth and Nail) hole up in a hospital and are targeted by a gang of cannibalistic rogues.

SUCH good themes:
Post-apocalypse
Society vs. Anarchy/Cannibalism

But... Yet... So... Bad... I find it difficult to believe that the Earth would be cut down by 2/3 in a matter of 3 - 5 years and that the survivors were pathetic cultish victims (there are possibilities in here!)... Michael Madsen had a very, very small role... But not enough to keep this thing interesting... The only thing to keep this movie above LAKE DEAD was the fact that it had some pretty great action scenes... The rogue cannibals adorned themselves in viking gear and yielded delightfully pointy objects (spiked clubs and that whatnot)... They definitely tear through the hospital and turned this movie into a siege film... But not a good siege film. D. Stay away.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Tenant

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Evil Dead

The Slaughter - 2/10
Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
The Living in the Home of the Dead

Brilliant. While disturbing and horrifying I wouldn't call it a horror movie, but if you want to see a really good movie you should watch this.

I mention that because apparantly it's a horror movie.