Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I despised Friday the 13th and Halloween remakes. Wasn't aware the new NOES was out yet, I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to wait a while here. Either way I'm too young to legally see it in a cinema so doesn't really matter. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD. I'm expecting good things from Jackie.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
In the name of all that's sacred, PLEASE stop this plague of remakes!!
The Omen
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Carrie
The Shining
Friday The 13th
Psycho
The Wicker Man
Black Christmas
Carnival Of Souls
Night Of The Living Dead

At least attempt to do something different with these films while still paying them the respect they deserve (Rob Zombie's Halloween for example).
You're also forgetting the Hills have eyes. That was also a remake of an old classic.

@Topic: The reason why I enjoy watching franchise reboots is because, I'm only nineteen years old. I didn't grow up in the slasher film era of the 1980s. I was born in 1991. The year Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare was released in theaters. And since all these reboot slasher films of classic icons are being released, I feel that I hadn't really missed out afterall. So I say: Bravo?

I don't know..I actually did enjoy watching the remakes of Friday the 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, and A Nightmare on Elm Street, I mean they were pretty alright movies, and they really weren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. :S
Old 05-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Whip In My Valise

My 18 year old daughter watched the entire Nightmare series on DVD, and thinks the remake is a travesty.
Robert Englund is king.

Other bad remakes:
Last House On The Left
Salem's Lot
The Fog
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
ita formido mortalis

I gotta say I did enjoy this remake. The only thing I thought was a problem was the age of the actors vs. the age of the characters they were supposed to be playing. They were supposed to be in high school? They all looked almost as old as their parents.

I liked the way the backstory was filled in, I liked all the kills, I liked the very end. And I liked the way Freddy looked, it was well done.

Nothing will replace the original NOES, but this was a good reboot, it happens in comics all the time and as long as its well done, I don't have a problem with it.

I can understand liking the amytville, TCM and other remakes that make them more 'modern' but just my personal tastes I didn't like those particular remakes at all, and most remakes I do not like at all whatsoever.

http://www.facebook.com/AperionProject
-------------------------
Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Misanthrope

I'm interested in seeing how this one is executed. Myers, Jason and Leatherface were just dudes in masks than pretty much anyone with a big frame could play. I wasn't to see exactly how they'll do an character like Freddy that had actual dialogue and a personality.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Rod hit the nail on the head, completely uninspired. It was a waste of my time and money. I knew I would hate it and only went to see how much. The last 5 seconds were the best part of the whole waste of film that it was.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Midnight Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
My 18 year old daughter watched the entire Nightmare series on DVD, and thinks the remake is a travesty.
Robert Englund is king.

Other bad remakes:
Last House On The Left
Salem's Lot
The Fog
Yeah, I'm only 19. And I bought the entire Nightmare series on DVD. wasn't too big on Nightmare 4 or 5 although I liked them a lot. I just prefered the first 3 Nightmare movies overall. and Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. The new movie, was a movie I actually liked. But it had it's pros and cons. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie overall even without Robert Englund as freddy, it was still a pretty enjoyable movie, I think.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Evil Dead

Question new nitemare

i havent seen it yet , but i dont think i will like the new guy playing freddy :eek:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Midnight Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy69 View Post
i havent seen it yet , but i dont think i will like the new guy playing freddy :eek:
I liked Jackie Earle Hayley's intensity as Freddy Krueger though. Although I think he looked a bit too thin in some scenes. I liked his acting, and the anger that Freddy Krueger expressed in this new movie.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

I think that without JEH the entire movie would of failed. He is the shining point of the movie.