Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Misanthrope

It seems to be the case with a lot of Radiohead and Tool fans. They just get all caught up in the one band. Bit silly to keep your blinders on when there's so much good music out there. I usually grab something new to check out each day. Gotta keep your mind open right?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
That fucking Guy...

What's wrong with Radiohead?
Personally I get annoyed with people that are only into one kind of music but don't know it...my younger brother, tells me I need to "expand my horizons" because I don't get into his screamo HEAVY heavy metal stuff...and yknow apparently this other band he listens to that sounds exactly the same is like, a completely different genre of music?
Me, I listen to styles that are outside of "rock", one way or another as may sub-categories he chooses to call his stuff...but I get told I need to expand my horizons, and that I don't like this music because I'm not listening to it in...the...right way?

I remember the most annoying thing was, we had this housemate once. Guy with something akin to schizophrenia who would go off his meds here and there?
At this time, he used to do great things like talk to birds...but generally became withdrawn, weird, and eventually stupid and self destructive. Though he would get in this mode of obsession where he would think the music was like giving him "vibes" or messages?
I remember one week that he played that fucking Placebo shit at least 50 times...I never much liked that band, but now, I hate it hate it hate it.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Misanthrope

I can't stand Placebo either and as for Radiohead I just find them dull.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Haha- I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd- but I hate The Wall... it's the most overplayed album in history.
Agreed there.

Yes I have met people like that and both of them were hardcore Pearl Jam fans that only listened to Pearl Jam and everything else to them sucked. They also had to announce it all the time and would even fight over it....fucking idiots.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
It seems to be the case with a lot of Radiohead and Tool fans. They just get all caught up in the one band. Bit silly to keep your blinders on when there's so much good music out there. I usually grab something new to check out each day. Gotta keep your mind open right?
Agreed, I'll add PEarl Jam to the Tool and Radiohead fans case.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:41 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I use to be like that. But, I haven't found anyone who only listens to one band. I'm glad I don't listen to just one band either now.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Evil Dead

Not since High school.Knew a guy who was so into Led Zeppelin it was just annoying.I'd try to get him listening to Buzzcocks and the Pistols and shit like that..and he would just absolutely hate it!! I always enjoyed his anger
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM
the Frostbrood Vanquisher

Ugh... How about somebody that doesnt listen to music at all, unless its sung in church...?

My fiances parents are these people, and yes, they do exist.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
nope never met someone who only listens to one band.I myself wouldn't be able to stand that.There's always new music out there,and you never know when your going to come across something you like.Sure I go through times where I'll listen to one particular artist a lot,but I still have a variety.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Bands this seems to happen with:
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Phish
The Grateful Dead
Marilyn Manson
The Beatles
And the number one overzealous obsessive fan offender....
The Doors.