Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Evil Dead

First Horror Movie

When I was 4 years old -- 4 years old! -- my father took me to the theater to see THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN. Don't ask me why, but I don't fault him for it. I've loved horror ever since. :)

A year later came the original HALLOWEEN, at the drive-in. I can still remember that, strangely enough. A wonderfully terrifying experience that this jaded 30-year-old horror fan wishes he could relive again and again . . . .

A few more of my very first horror flicks: John Carpenter's THE THING, POLTERGEIST, THE FOG, and THE EXORCIST.

God, I love this genre. Thanks, Dad! :)

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

P.S. I recently heard that THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN has now been released on DVD . . . anybody know if this is true? I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but if it is available, I *must* get it. I'm sure it's a really shitty, cheezy movie, but it'll be worth millions to me in sheer sentimental value alone, if you get what I'm saying . . . .
Old 12-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Evil Dead

Hmm this is a good question since my mother was the one that rented the movies... Sleepaway camp & Pigs

I can forget Friday the 13th but the other two mentioned really interested me.. and I watched them over and over and over again.. other movies that made me really get more deep into horror is killer party, scream for help, and The Evil Dead...
after this I started branching out into horror and learning about other types of horror besides the commercialized horror released here in the U. S.

Started buying horror mags and zines and reading about Argento, Franco, Fulci, Jackson, and Lenzi .... so around the age of 11 and 12 I craved gore.. I was the only chick in school mentioning these guys names and people were like WTF??? LOL

Fulci Lives!!!!

Last edited by Ritualistic; 12-14-2003 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Undead

This is a great question. The first horror film that I saw was the original Friday the 13th. I was 7 when it came out and my mom went out on a date to the drive-in so of course what do you take on a date...your two kids. I remember my mom trying to tell me and my sister to 'Just lay down back there and go to sleep'. Yeah right. That movie scared the shit out of me and I slept next to my moms bed for six months. Ever since then I have been HOOKED!

I come from devout religous family and they all used to think I was crazy, but now that I am a filmmaker they think it's great.
Don
Old 12-14-2003, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to LegionFilms
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:19 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic

I was the only chick in school mentioning these guys names and people were like WTF??? LOL
That happens to me when I talk to my friends, they know all kinds of horror movies the backgrounds on all of the characters but they don't know shit about who makes them, they just don't take the time to look :)
Old 12-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2 got me and is still my fave. Bruce is my hero!
Old 12-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Hellraiser

Poltergeist, definately. Other favorites include: All of the Evil Dead movies, Prince of Darkness, and Hellraiser.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Evil Dead

Location: Anchorage, AK (that's Alaska, NOT Arkansas, damn it!)
Nightmare on Elm Street - I've been watching Freddy for as long as I can remember. And some other movie that I don't know the name of - all I remember was a campfire and some kid w/shitloads of maggots. I saw it again like 10 years ago, but I still couldn't even remember what the name of it was.

My dad actually got me watching horror movies. He used to get a lot of shit for it from my mom and one of his sisters who is a Christian nut. But she also used to get pissed at him for letting me watch Miami Vice as it was TOO racy.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Evil Dead

Exorcist, Children of the Corn was cool, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm St., Does anyone remember Witchboard???
Old 12-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by grappler5
Does anyone remember Witchboard???
The first one was better than the second one...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be