Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Evil Dead

1....I'd say fan, not so much fanatic. Generally I love cinema as a whole and I can find a film in almost any genre that I like, that includes Romantic-comedies like When Harry Met Sally or The Apartment as well as musicals including, don't laugh, Sound Of Music or Cabaret (maybe that's perhaps a subconscious Nazi thing...) But Horror is my joint-favouritee genre along with Sciene-Fiction.

2. The worst horror film I've ever seen, and I consider it trash, was the recent Pirahna remake. I kind of liked the Joe Dante version (partly because it was largely one great big Roger Corman love-fest, right down to actor Dick Miller). The new film, I actually felt embarassed about watching and switched it off.

That being said, most people (At least non-horror-fans) I know would probably prefer that film to say the Lucio Fulci films I watch.

Also, I don't touch Michael Bay movies (including the horror films he's produced) with a ten-foot-barge-pole.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ugly Duchess View Post
Fan - Yes

Worthless horror movie - Yes - The Blair Witch Project - a complete waste of time.
Really? I loved that movie, totally original at the time and creepy as hell, breakthrough movie IMO.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDrone View Post
1....I'd say fan, not so much fanatic. Generally I love cinema as a whole and I can find a film in almost any genre that I like, that includes Romantic-comedies like When Harry Met Sally or The Apartment as well as musicals including, don't laugh, Sound Of Music or Cabaret (maybe that's perhaps a subconscious Nazi thing...) But Horror is my joint-favouritee genre along with Sciene-Fiction.

2. The worst horror film I've ever seen, and I consider it trash, was the recent Pirahna remake. I kind of liked the Joe Dante version (partly because it was largely one great big Roger Corman love-fest, right down to actor Dick Miller). The new film, I actually felt embarassed about watching and switched it off.

That being said, most people (At least non-horror-fans) I know would probably prefer that film to say the Lucio Fulci films I watch.

Also, I don't touch Michael Bay movies (including the horror films he's produced) with a ten-foot-barge-pole.
I've only seen a few Fulci films (Zombie, The Beyond, and House by the Cemetery) but I thought they were great! I did actually like the Piranha remake but Joe Dante's version is definitely superior.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Evil Dead

1. Probably more fan than fanatic. The vast majority of my collection is horror but I have a few other hobbies I spend more time following/doing.

2. This is a funny question...so many bad movies
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 AM
GoreWhore

On occasion I'll call myself a fanatic, but in reality I'm a fan. I do watch a crazy amount of movies, and the vast majority of them are horror, but I'm not fanatical to the point where I can recite actors and directors of certain movies, and who wrote the score and the year it was released etc. I'd consider someone like that to be a fanatic.

And yes. I love really really shitty, low budget and usually independent movies, especially horror. Camp Blood is a perfect example of this. My wife and I like to make visitors watch that, and pretend like it's the best movie we've ever seen before we put it on, then just watch people slowly want to claw their eyes out as the film goes on.

My signature .gif is from a short film put out by fewdio.com. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

Old 01-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Evil Dead

Basically everyone who answered this is in agreement, Horror fans who have seen bad movies.

For the newer posters I give you the following blurbs from reviewers over the past few years of my movie "US SINNERS".

Micro Budget cinema done right - Uncouth Industries

Relentless Riveting Terror... Damn Disturbing...
-* Deadly Indie Drive In

A low-budget horror film that sticks its head high above the others around it. It will confront your expectations whenever possible. - Plot Hole

For those who aren’t afraid to get down and dirty
- Horror 101

See this film, every horror/thriller fan should take advantage of it
- Horror Society

A mini-masterpiece of depravity and dysfunction
- Killing Boxx

There isn't much that can make me feel uneasy or truly shock me, but Us Sinners managed to accomplish both. - Movies Made Me

Highly Disturbing Gory Indie Freak Show... - Best Horror Movies

Gore-o-meter rating: 4 out of 5. - Film Apocalypse

One of the best independent horror films I have seen.
- Dr Goreman

"When you dance with the Devil, the Devil don’t change, he changes you." Even an experienced horror film viewer such as myself...got changed watching this! - Obscure Horror

An in-your-face,brutal piece... made for true horror fans - Video Views

A must have for hardcore horror fans. - Int'l Film Horror Society

If that's not enough, there's THE CLIMAX. If you're a horror fan and don't know about it, see it. If you're a horror fan who knows about it, and haven't seen it(but could) then you're not really a horror fan.

Here's some review blurbs regarding the climax.
---------
Hitch my jaw off the floor after witnessing an absolutely stupendous ending. Well done Mr Snow you sick f---. - Jonsey Amazon UK

It's not an ending you should witness while eating a meal. - Gorezone Magazine

The logline of the film, "The carnal climax is so disturbing it will leave you breathless," is indeed true. I won't give it away here but it pushes the film up and out of the generic serial killer realm. - Uncouth Industries

The finale of the film, and a scene that will shock the hell out of you, no matter how hardened you are to genre fare... - The Plot Hole

An ending that goes beyond disturbing
- Movies Made Me

Very violent, graphic, twisted, and realistic. The ending will stay with you long after you have watched it. - Dr Goreman

And that ending...that’s where you almost wanna tell George Snow that he might need some counseling.***** :)* Obscure Horror

Does live up to the hype and what is promised in the final scene goes beyond what you could be told. - Video Views

The ending is as shocking as it gets! All I can say is, you have to see it for yourself! - Horror Reviews

Us Sinners is micro-budget, so many won't appreciate it because of how it was shot. But, even if you hate the first 70 minutes of it, the ending is GUARANTEED to be one of the best you will see. It's absolutely shocking and disturbing.

You can rent Netflix and it's going to be making it's premiere at filmon.com on the American Horrors Channel.

I've been plugging Us Sinners here for years. This was the first horror forum I visited when I first started pushing it.

FULL REVIEWS

Don't listen to me, I made the movie. Read the reviews, I don't know those people. Here's a chance to see a movie that is guaranteed to have a magnificent ending. As with any movie, it's 50/50 as to whether or not you'll enjoy the whole thing.