Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Scares Little Kids

Looks like they're going with Ice-Cube for BA, although I thought I heard they were going with somebody like Tyrese. Which would be quite letdown I think. I Like the Kimbo Slice idea though, maybe he can act.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 PM
For Vendetta

August 7, 2008

Looks like "A-Team" director John Singleton may have a decision to make: Is B.A going to be the oft-rumoured Tyrese Gibson or his old pal Ice Cube?

Cube tells The Los Angeles Times that he's very keen on wearing the Mohawk.

"Man, I am so ready to play ‘B.A.' Baracus. I was a big, big Mr. T fan. I mean, c'mon, Clubber Lang [in "Rocky III") was amazing. I even watched his Saturday morning show, but that was cheesy. I was like everybody else, I watched it for about six weeks and said, ‘Man this isn't any good.' But the 'A-Team,' I would love for this to happen."

Cube hinted that he's already been talking to Singleton - whom he worked with, all those years ago, on "Boyz N' The Hood" - about the part.

"It's the thing we've been talking about lately, the thing on the other side of the strike or no-strike. I think it could be great. I always look at how they did ‘Mission: Impossible' and even how they upgraded Batman from what it was not that long ago. The key is the story and the director."
Old 08-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothersShamus View Post
I Like the Kimbo Slice idea though, maybe he can act.
come to think of it, Kimbo Slice would make the most terrifying Mr. T ever.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
For Vendetta

Liam Neeson is in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star in its long-gestating bigscreen adaptation of "The A-Team" as Col. John "Hannibal" Smith.

Bradley Cooper is in early talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck in the Joe Carnahan-directed pic based on the 1980s TV series.

Production begins in late August for a June 11, 2010, release.

Ridley Scott is producing with Jules Daly and series creator Stephen J. Cannell, with Tony Scott exec producing through Scott Free.

Carnahan and Brian Bloom polished a script by Skip Woods, whose recent script credits include "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra" and "Wolverine."

Neeson is in talks to play Hannibal, the role originated by George Peppard, while Cooper would play "Faceman," the role played by Dirk Benedict.

Neeson and Fox are working out money issues. He is coming off the global hit "Taken" and most recently completed "Chloe" and "Clash of the Titans," playing Zeus in the latter.

Cooper has established himself as a commodity after his starring role in Todd Phillips-directed hit "The Hangover." He just completed playing the title role opposite Sandra Bullock in "All About Steve."

Carnahan, Fox and Scott Free have kept the series premise -- four war vets wrongly convicted of armed robbery escape from a military prison to become do-gooder mercenaries -- but they've replaced the campy nature of the series with a tone closer to those of "Mission: Impossible" and "Ocean's Eleven."

Still to be cast are the roles of Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock, played by Dwight Schultz in the original, and Sgt. "B.A." Baracus, the role that made Mr. T an '80s icon.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
For Vendetta

Joe Carnahan's A-Team is currently filming in Vancouver, with Liam Neeson behind the cigar as Hannibal Smith and Bradley Cooper in the Corvette as Templeton "Faceman" Peck.

No word yet on a howlin' mad Murdoch, but The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the newest set arrival is Ultimate Fighting champion Rampage Jackson, donning Mr T's bling as Bosco "B. A." Baracus.

Casting rumours around the role have been rife, with Ving Rhames, Common and The Game all at one time or another said to be in the running. But Jackson's name was being touted as early as when John Singleton was attached to direct.

A mixed martial artist, Rampage (real name Quinton Ramone Jackson) is a former holder of the UFC's light-heavyweight title and is set to be a coach on the tenth season of reality show The Ultimate Fighter. He was to fight Rashad Evans at a UFC event in December, but has apparently had to pull out, due to his filming schedule (reports that it was because he wasn't getting on no damn plane have proved groundless).

As an actor, he's had bit parts in Confessions of a Pit Fighter and The Midnight Meat Train, which coincidentally starred Bradley Cooper.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
For Vendetta

District 9 star Sharlto Copley has been offered the role of Murdock in the new A-Team movie - according to blackfilm.com.

Copley was hilarious as slimy bureaucrat Wikus van der Merwe in the Neill Blomkamp's hit sci-fi, a performance in what was his first ever acting gig.

If he accepts the role, he would join Liam Neeson (Hannibal) and Bradley Cooper (Faceman) who have already been cast in he film. Only yesterday rumours emerged that UFC star Quinton Jackson was in the running to play BA Baracus.

Director Joe Caranahan has begun filming the flick in Vancouver.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 PM
For Vendetta

Jessica Biel and Sharlto Copley ("District 9") are in final talks for Fox's "A-Team," opposite Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Joe Carnahan is directing with Ridley Scott producing with Jules Daly and series creator Stephen J. Cannell.

Script by Skip Woods keeps the TV series premise of four wrongly convicted vets escaping from prison to become do-gooder mercenaries but carries a more serious tone than the small-screen version.

Lensing begins this fall in Vancouver.

Copley will portray helicopter pilot Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock, a role originated by Dwight Schultz in the original series. Biel's set to play the ex-love of Cooper's character "Faceman," the general pursuing the team.

Neeson's set to play John "Hannibal" Smith, the role originated by George Peppard, and Jackson's on board as Sgt. "B.A." Baracus, portrayed by Mr. T in the series.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
For Vendetta

Hot-on-the-heels of news that Sharlto Copley and Jessica Biel will appear in the forthcoming A-Team adaptation, Twentieth Century Fox has announced another addition to the cast.

According to EW, Patrick Wilson - aka Watchmen's Nite Owl II - will play a CIA operative in the eagerly anticipated film. Whether that makes him the movie's yet-to-be-announced bad guy remains to be seen, but it's encouraging to see the cast being filled out by an actor of his quality.

Liam Neeson (Hannibal), Bradley Cooper (Face), Quinton Jackson (B.A.) and the aforementioned Copley (Murdoch) will play the soldiers of fortune in question, while Biel has apparently been cast as an army General.

The A-Team is set to hit screens on June 11, 2010.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
come to think of it, Kimbo Slice would make the most terrifying Mr. T ever.
He has a small part in BLOOD AND BONE - heres the clip:

http://www.myvideofight.com/Other/Ki...ne-Movie-Scene
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Banned

hollywood rapes history again.

Wtf? The A-team now has a female in it? like seriouz guyz wdf?