Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2005, 08:10 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
My wife manages a Blockbuster video store, and not only do they not TELL you that you will be charged a re-stocking fee, but they give you plenty of warnings before they charge your credit card for the movie.

What's with you freaks, anyway? Now you can rent a film and keep it for at least a week without paying any extra fees, and you're bitching because, basically, what ... you want to be able to rent the film and keep it indefinitely without paying for it? That's not going to happen. Do any of you have a clue as to how businesses work? Besides, the cost of the movie is charged to your credit card, yes. But, if you return the movie, the charge is refunded to your account (except for the restocking fee ... but what the hell? If you keep it a week past the due date, Blockbuster basically sells you the film, but in order to manage the accounts involved with printing reports for people who have a movie out for more than a week, the restocking fee helps to cover the cost.) The whole reason this was created to get rid of late fees. Blockbuster realized that people hated the late fees - especially for those who are one or two days late. But now everyone is just out looking to get stuff for free and trying to abuse the system.

As for selection, the Blockbuster here in my town has a very decent horror selection ... but the one in the next town over does not. The corporate home office stocks their stores with films that appeal to the majority of the clientele in that area. In my town, we have a lot of lower-class, poverty-class people ... and these types of people happen to like horror films and crappy comedies. So, our store has plenty of these. The next town over is a college town, so they don't have as many good horror films, but they do have more independent artsy films. You have to cater to the majority, peeps. Plus, a lot of the older titles go on moratorium (are no longer made or sold), and when these get broken by a careless customer, Blockbuster can longer rent that title out because they can't get another copy.

Anyway, sorry for the rant ... but, for Christ's sake. What the hell do you want?
Agreed. It's not a "scam" unless you're mentally retarded.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:34 AM
The horror of the minds

I thought so, I thought end to late fees was kinda good to be ture, I thought there might be a catch to it.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:22 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
The horror section is fucking pathetic.

the horror section at the blockbuster I go to isn't any better, it's a row and a half of stuff I've either already seen or have no desire to see.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
the horror section at the blockbuster I go to isn't any better, it's a row and a half of stuff I've either already seen or have no desire to see.
i rented Scream for my grandmother (she likes the who's the killer movies) i got up there the woman at the counter said "Scream ooooooooh scary" then i was checking out day of the dead and she said "if i were you i wouldn't bother this is a stupid movie"
Old 02-19-2005, 09:54 AM
BH14

suppose i rent a 5 day rental for a DVD and i keep it for past 7 days, do you think its right for them to charge me for the DVD on my credit card after promoting that commercial?

Nobody is asking them to let me hold it for whatever 30 days and not charge me....

But what they should do is just add the normal fee after the original rental time expired. That makes more sense. None of this re-stocking fee, charge crap, etc.

Its a misleading commercial "The End of Late Fees" ... it should be more of "The End of Late Fees but will charge your credit card after only 7 days for the DVD and/or the re-stocking fee".

As for their selection, it has 1 row... and i probably have a bigger horror DVD selection.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 02-19-2005, 10:08 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by massacre man
i rented Scream for my grandmother (she likes the who's the killer movies) i got up there the woman at the counter said "Scream ooooooooh scary" then i was checking out day of the dead and she said "if i were you i wouldn't bother this is a stupid movie"
that happened to me a week ago I was in blockbuster and I picked out Hellraiser-bloodline, House of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead. I'd seen all of them before but I was at a friends house and he hadn't seen any of 'em. So we get up to the desk and the guy says ''Hellraiser,SICK and Freddy yall got some good ones but I didn't really like Dawn to much but House of the Dead now that's a good movie.'' I swear those were his exact words.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:15 AM
BH14

if i were at blockbuster working behind the counter, i would be like "You should definitely rent House of the Dead, Fear Dot Com, etc (and other horrible crappy movies)" to customers. just to piss em off. They would be so pissed off when they return em. haha

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 02-19-2005, 11:14 AM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
I checked the commercial pretty close, and unless I missed it there's no "restocking fee" disclaimer. That it's on the website is bullshit, and won't get them out of anything (or shouldn't, at least). And I did check the site and couldn't find anything about restocking fees. Unless it's in the basement in a locked cabinet with a sign saying "beware of the leopard" on it.

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 02-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
I checked the commercial pretty close, and unless I missed it there's no "restocking fee" disclaimer. That it's on the website is bullshit, and won't get them out of anything (or shouldn't, at least). And I did check the site and couldn't find anything about restocking fees. Unless it's in the basement in a locked cabinet with a sign saying "beware of the leopard" on it.
ARRR I'M A TIGER
Old 02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by massacre man
ARRR I'M A TIGER
or, perhaps, a Liger?

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE