Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Hellraiser

Hey, What's up everyone?

I'm the director of this movie and I figured I'd stop by and chat.

As far as the movie being distributed, that all depends on how the final product turns out and if we get the right deal. So many filmmakers get screwed over on DTV deals, so it's hard to say that we will get a deal worth taking.

Other than that if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I guess I could update the progress of the movie during post production. I plan on working for around 10-18 hours per weekend on it, but there is a lot of work still to do. And since we really don't have a crew, I will be doing pretty much everything (editing, sound fx, digital fx, score, color correcting, mixing, etc.).

Our budget was very low, so think of this like Robert Rodriguez with El Mariachi, since our equipment was around $8-9k, but our production budget was dirt cheap at around $1k. If you want to compare that (budget) to another low budget horror movie, the movie Sleepover Nightmare was made for $200,000+ and had around 53 crew members. We had our cast and at max 2 other people for crew at anytime. Most of the time I was the cameraman and we would usually have someone on the boom, it was rare when I actually got to direct from the production monitor (which was a treat), but that's what we had to work with.

I'm not sure if I want to release it myself or have a distribution company do it, but I plan on making a hell of a DVD with tons of outtakes, extras, commentary. So either way it goes, the DVD should definately be worth a pick up (not just a lame trailer for extra features).

Until Later...
Garrett Gardner
Old 10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Hey Garrett! Glad to see you found the site!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
new owner of hell

it would be worth a watch
Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Hellraiser

Had a bit of Darwinism taking place last weekend.

Saturday afternoon we were set to shoot the final scene for the movie (coincidentally the opening shot) we arrived at the cabin and were getting ready. I had charged the battery for the camcorder before heading to the cabin and when we were about to shoot I checked the batteries power in the camera and it was blinking (meaning pretty much dead). So I figured well, let's get setup and shoot this as fast as possible! Well, I go to move my truck out of the shot and....nothing. It doesn't start, I keep trying and nothing helps.

So, the scene couldn't be shot because pushing the truck out of the shot was not practical and getting everyone into makeup for the shot with no guarantee on how much we would get shot (due to the battery) I decided to postpone the shooting.

Luckily my dad was at the cabin before we were going to shoot and gave everyone that came up with me (4 people) a ride back to the cities while I stayed at the cabin and from time to time tried getting my car to start. Monday I had to get the truck towed to a nearby town and it cost me $560.00 to get the fuel pump and filter replaced.

Shitty weekend indeed. Should shoot that scene either friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon and start editing this weekend as well.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:26 AM

Damn, that sucks! Did you get everyone in their makeup before you realized the scene wasn't going to happen?

$500 for a fuel pump seems a little bit high to me, but I guess when you're stuck at a garage in the boonies, you're kinda at their mercy. That sucks dude...
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Hellraiser

No, I did not get them into makeup, luckily. And yeah I think $560 is way too fuckin high for a fuel pump. The pump was $271!!! Like you said Im at the mercy of the inbred yokuls. $65 for the tow, and whatever for 2 hours of labor.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Lose yourself out in the sticks and one way or the other they get to fuck you good :(

Don't forget us Brits when you bring this film of yours out mate, put some region 2 dvd's in the mixer at least

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 11-01-2005, 12:55 AM

Garrett, did you get everything on film you needed now? Have you reached the diting phase yet?
Old 11-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Hellraiser

Yup, post production has begun.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Undead

that movie sounds pretty cool