Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2005, 02:24 PM
whatever gets you through

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
It's sortof a double-edged sword. People seem to like the old movies better. But if they kept making them like that, there wouldn't be anything new.

Personally, I like good movies, regardless of the time frame in which they were made.
agreed - the key is for a film to come along that shakes things up - i suspect it's coming along any minute now, just waiting, yep, any minute now . . . *whistles* . . . yep, any minute . . .
Old 12-17-2005, 09:06 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by Zero
agreed - the key is for a film to come along that shakes things up - i suspect it's coming along any minute now, just waiting, yep, any minute now . . . *whistles* . . . yep, any minute . . .
Or even if it doesn't shake anything up, it could at least be good. Just that, few years of the same thing, shit starts to get less good...

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 12-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
I like good movies, regardless of the time frame in which they were made.
Very well put.

This age of filmmaking technology is like a filmmaker's candystore. All it takes is someone with creative vision and the skill to put it into form, creating a film that blends the best of both worlds.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Sadistic torture demon

Send a message via Yahoo to Thorns_demon
I think classics have the best story line but new movies have the best visuals and stuff, If I see a classic, I usually think: what a boring movie, I mean you don't get scared of it or it's in black and white so you hardly see the difference between blood or water, or like a piece of someone could be mistaken for a piece of the ground, I mean a stone or something and like those alien monsters they just look so fake but hey they couldn't make anythin else in those days so for those days they are great movies but in our time you can play them for your children and they don't get scared hehe lol or that's just my guess.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Hellraiser

Older horror movies have a lot to recommend them, things like the Hays Code stopped them being explicit but I still think one of the staples of horror movies is gore, not all films require it but I got into horror partly through the gore of films like 'Absurd' and 'Friday the 13th' as well as being charmed by the antics of Lugosi et al when I was a kid. The gore helps though and most of my favourite horror movies are post-NOLD
Old 01-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Evil Dead

i love the old classics the best.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
I with Sam.

I gotta say that I just love a good horror film classic or otherwise.

I just saw the remake of The Blob. Didn't care for it too much.

Actually, one of my favorite classic films is The Birds. The end, where the family is getting into the car and the place is filled with birds... leads into darkness. I love it!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Undead

You can't go back. I remember seeing the Vincent Price House on Haunted Hill when I was 5 or so and I had nightmares about it for many years thereafter (the witchy woman in the basement, the floating skeleton, the blood dripping from the ceiling), but watching that movie now just doesn't give the scare, not because of my adult brain, but because I'm so desensitized from the last 30 years of blood and core. Then that horrible remake with the stupid mechanical glass house. Jeez. But if there's an old one on TV, I will watch it while my family pooh poohs them. They just don't get the style and elegance of Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, the soft color of those Hammer Studio flicks, the damsels in distress with big hair, and capes. Ha Ha - I'm a sucker for the cape.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

Wishes

I have a sampleing of films from the 30s and 40s but, the ones I like the best are the B films from the early 50s and 60s. Such as The Wasp Woman and Tormented. No blood, no guts but lots of uh, Bness. Oh, Oh, and the Screeming SKull. Freeked me as a kid.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to LegallyInsane Send a message via Yahoo to LegallyInsane
Alot of older films are really good. Newer movies are usually copying the old ones, but some turn out good.