Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage777 View Post
Okay guys, I have been watching horror all my life and sure ive seen a film that will give you the chills here and there but its would be really sad if that is the best horror media has to offer. I wanted to hear some suggestions on what you guys would thing is like all time unmatched scary movies out there, I'm talking about ones who haunt you as you grow up, something you can never forget about. You guys hear of like the 10 movies to die for aka horror fest, they are like the movies are so graphic and raw that they weren't able to release it in theatres. I watched one of them, the one called The Grave Dancers, sure I thought it has its moments in a scene or too but cammonnnnnn. So I wanna hear some suggestions from you guys out there, I am sure there are peeps out there with tons of more horror experience than me, just hope you can share the wisdom.

So lets hear some suggestoions guys........
Unfortunately I doubt theres anything that will actually scare you a lot, or really impress you with its amount of disturbing scenes. The problem is you had to of asked this question when you were about 10 and I have the feeling you are at least in your teens.

When I was a very young kid, sure, some movies scared the crap out of me, but those days are gone :( Stupid desensitised sick mind. :mad:

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Evil Dead

Signs too! :eek:
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Evil Dead

when you are older nothing really scares you shitless. i do have to say i was severely traumatised by the exorcist at 10 years old. it still gives me the shivers, especially when i watched the extended version with the demon faces flashing in the shadows and the spider walk. also, i watched the omen trilogy around the same age. recently emily rose was quite jumpy, but like i said you never really get that scared when you are older. blair witch was quite atmospheric and the passion was just plain disturbing. so those are my recommendations however obvious they might be:)
Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Evil Dead

In recent adult years, I have been focusing more and more on Asian horror. Because it is much less familiar to me than American horror, I find it to be far more effective in provoking fear. I'm less able to predict what is going to happen next, and I've not had the opportunity to habituate to the film conventions they use. Best of all, I've rediscovered that feeling of not being able to get certain films out of my mind the next day.

If mainstream American horror is not doing it for you, I'd suggest some experimenting with Asian horror.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Evil Dead

funny you should say that. i've been veering in that direction myself but have only got as far as buying old boy. recommend your top 5 asian movies and don't worry about including the obvious ones. thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah. I mean I'm 22 now, but only watched Kairo this year. It's not an overly scary movie or anything, but I have to admit I was quite freaked out.

SPOILER

The bit where the guy accesses the internet for the first time, only to have some weird guy appear on his screen was very weird. Then it turns on by itself to see more of the same.

/SPOILER

Although its not something that would make you jump, or even be very scared, if you think about it in terms of it could happen to you its very freaky. (It was worse due to the fact my PC froze at one point with a shadowy figure full screened lol). I think thats why a lot of asian horror is working so well lately, now that its using modern communication technology (and previously video tapes ;)).

Everyone has a telephone, and a computer...and EVERYONE would be very freaked out if they had bizarre phone calls, or freaky stuff appear on their screen whilst surfing the net. However its very unlikely you could ever see yourself in a situation of being hunted by a monster or psycho killer like in american horrors, and therefore they dont scare you as much, you just want to see some cool bloody death scenes.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Walking Meatloaf

Fd3. It scared the living shit out of me.

"Hail to the King Baby. Ash, Army of Darkness"
Old 01-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Evil Dead

Barbie in The Nutcracker. Simply terrifying.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
TRY ME, I DARE YOU

Send a message via AIM to halloweenfreak1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRaVa View Post
Barbie in The Nutcracker. Simply terrifying.
o my god your right:)
Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
SLAYERFAN

Halloween

Personally, the scariest fuckin' movies I've ever seen was Halloween H2O and House on Haunted Hill. I saw them when I was like 7 or 8 and I had to sleep with the covers on my head for 2 or 3 years no lie. Man, that part in Haunted Hill when the girl sees the people opperatiing through the camera and then they look at her and she turns around and sees the guy whos head is shaking and moving around all funny and then appears in front of her made me cry. Also the part in H2O when the guy got a skate in the face creeped me out big time.