Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Not really. But no neighborhood's completely perfect, right?

Actually for over 30 years or so, it was a great neighborhood. Many of the physicans that worked over there at the time always commuted from the county when they worked. However as the mid '90s came around teens growing up near there whom had friends from "bad neighborhoods" and adults who hung out with "wrong crowds" drew "other" parties over and things became a "bit rough." But it's mostly the areas near "Caroline St. 33rd St. & Greemmount Ave as the "worst parts of East Side", not my particular part; Although people argue that it's headed towards a "bad direction" mostly becomes Johns Hopkins is trying to buy out most of the people out...especially Caroline , Washington, Orleans and McEldery. You know they're the greatest hospital in the country and arguably the world--so they're trying to make it bigger. Notice how there's a JHU, a JHU Med Campus & Undergrad, JH Hospital, JH Bayview Hospital, etc. ?

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprucky Cougar View Post
Who's that?

And "rip-off thread"? Thought I said this was the "inspired" thread....but very nice....very nice indeed.
I meant for these to get started, I just happened to pick on the first one to come up :D

I'm evil like that.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
I meant for these to get started, I just happened to pick on the first one to come up :D

I'm evil like that.

I know. I got it. I was playing along.

Don't run away from me;
Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Zydrate Anatomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprucky Cougar View Post
Not really. But no neighborhood's completely perfect, right?

Actually for over 30 years or so, it was a great neighborhood. Many of the physicans that worked over there at the time always commuted from the county when they worked. However as the mid '90s came around teens growing up near there whom had friends from "bad neighborhoods" and adults who hung out with "wrong crowds" drew "other" parties over and things became a "bit rough." But it's mostly the areas near "Caroline St. 33rd St. & Greemmount Ave as the "worst parts of East Side", not my particular part; Although people argue that it's headed towards a "bad direction" mostly becomes Johns Hopkins is trying to buy out most of the people out...especially Caroline , Washington, Orleans and McEldery. You know they're the greatest hospital in the country and arguably the world--so they're trying to make it bigger. Notice how there's a JHU, a JHU Med Campus & Undergrad, JH Hospital, JH Bayview Hospital, etc. ?
That's true, I've had my car vandalized a few times. It's just part of living in the city. I'm glad it's not all bad over there.

Johns Hopkins is so overrated. I know, I work for JHU. We have so many problems, but everything is in a name no matter what it's actually like.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Love CHARM CITY. I used to play gigs in Fells Point regularly (Max's on Broadway)

I'm a D.C. boy myself -but after 11 years in California I don't think I could ever move back there.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Love CHARM CITY. I used to play gigs in Fells Point regularly (Max's on Broadway)

I'm a D.C. boy myself -but after 11 years in California I don't think I could ever move back there.
Cool. That's where Marty Bass and Ron Matz did their "Manic Monday" segment at 6:15 am. Errgh, DC? .......Bleh. And so begins the Battle of the Beltway.

Don't run away from me;
Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon Noir View Post
That's true, I've had my car vandalized a few times. It's just part of living in the city. I'm glad it's not all bad over there.

Johns Hopkins is so overrated. I know, I work for JHU. We have so many problems, but everything is in a name no matter what it's actually like.
Yeah but they must be great. Otherwise we people wouldn't come all the way from India to Baltimore to see Dr. Carson to separate their twins conjoined to the head....lot's of people travel all over the world and country to go to Hopkins. They even have a show on ABC about them. So perhaps JH isn't overrated, but perhaps how the people who work at JH are underappreciated.

But I agree...nothing's "perfect," so despite their notoriety, I'm sure they've received complaints--perhaps mostly from workers though more so than patients. I hear they intentionally don't operate as effectively on a patient depending on what kind of health insurance they have. But that's another story...:rolleyes:

Don't run away from me;