Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Whip In My Valise

You're two seconds away from going on the Ignore list young man.;)
Old 09-11-2010, 05:53 AM
That fucking Guy...

*Panic attack*
Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
My parents were always very clear about procedure. If we were going to a posh restaurant, this situation was explained to me: if I have an issue, I am to speak to either of my parents quietly and they'll sort it out. I sit still as possible, eat the food nicely (cut it properly, don't make a mess). If I made an commotion, we would leave and I wouldn't be taken out for a nice night like that again. I never did, and so we never had to leave.

I like to think I didn't need this explained to me as I feel I was brought up well enough to understand common courtesy, but what I don't understand is that if parents know they do have children who will cause problems, why do they not use this same briefing process and go through with the threat if necessary? Are they that focussed on getting their night out that they forget about the restaurant full of people also trying to have a night out. I say not only ban screaming children, but ban those who smell! That's a constant thorn in my side.

Smelly screaming children are to be taken to the back room and shot.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Heaven for the climate

I use to work at a restaurant where kids ate for free every Tuesday, it was a cheap steakhouse and bar so the parents would get drunk and obnoxious while the kids ran wild.

I was a bussboy...

I always worked Tuesdays.....:mad:
Old 09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Undead Cavalier

Send a message via AIM to fiend_skull Send a message via MSN to fiend_skull
Personally, I can't stand kids. My mom would never tolerate me acting like a little ass in public and I got punished if I did, as a kid I didn't understand why it was so annoying, years later it all made sense. I remember one time we were at a Denny's having a nice supper and then this huge group (two kids for every adult) came in and the kids went wild. They were running and yelling and the parents didn't even seen to give two shits. Then, the geniuses at Denny's thought it would be a great idea to bring out a TV to try and subdue the little brats, but they just got louder and the TV was now adding to the noise.

I'm not sure how long we stayed (guaranteed not long), but we got the hell out of there as soon as we could. This is just one story on top of tons of grocery story visits and movie theatre incidents that ended with a screaming kid getting what they want or being pulled out screaming at the top of their lungs.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Undead

When my mini-me was born, I started taking her out to places right away so she'd learn how to behave in public I despise screaming children That's what duct tape and closets are for!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Undead

One method of keeping kids quiet.

My grandpa had zero tolerence for children, let alone any who would whine, cry, or scream. When his kids were little, the method of keeping them quiet, was a razor strap across the ass. Or another favorite was what was refered to as a switch... The Lilac trees made a wonderful switch. It produced the same effect as the razor strap. Quiet kids. I remember my aunt telling me a story, of how when they were little, they were upstairs in their bedroom talking, and laughing, when from downstairs, came a voice, telling them to shutup or he'd come up there and shut them up, himself. So, the one sister told the other one, if you don't want him to come up here, just pretend you are crying. Well, the one sister could do this, however my aunt tried, and up he came with the razor strap inhand, and said "Laugh at me, will you?" He thought she was laughing at him. I thought he would have mellowed over the years. He had a meathook hanging in the house, and he always told me, that if i went any further than that meathook, he'd hang me up on that hook. Those were the good ole days. You wouldn't dare try that today, however.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain spaulding View Post
I thought he would have mellowed over the years. He had a meathook hanging in the house, and he always told me, that if i went any further than that meathook, he'd hang me up on that hook. Those were the good ole days. You wouldn't dare try that today, however.
Your grandpa was Ed Gein?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Every weekend i work in our bigger dining room for tables of 6-7 up to 20 or so which means plenty of screaming children to run around and get in my friggin way while im busy as hell. All the while the parents couldnt give less of a shit as long as thier L.I.T.'s are full. The kids have absolutly no manners and get no disipline, at times finding it funny to stomp chicken fingers and M&Ms into the rug. If i acted anything like children do these days in a restaurant id would've gotten beat down and dragged outta there. Shame its not like that anymore and the server become babysitters for the lazy parents. No offence to any HDC parents, thats just what I deal with on a daily basis where i live.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Undead

No my grandpa wasn't Ed Gein, however, i am related to him. No joke. The meat hook was hanging in the summer kitchen. Where the meat was prepaired.