Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-16-2021, 07:56 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Whatever happened should not have turned into assault which is what the Karen did. So it's a good thing the other woman had the camera to record what was about to happen.
If you look at the first 5 seconds of the 1st video, I see the mentally disturbed woman (we'll call her Disturbed) trying to pull the cell phone camera down. Look at her hand: it's open, fingers extended. We don't see the swipe or hit, because the Cell Phone lady (we'll call her Offended) moves the phone down to the right. So we can't see if there was any contact, but we do see the open hand just before.

The cell phone was the impetus for the "assault". Whatever infraction Disturbed did to Offended, it was the impetus for Offended to whip out her camera phone. Maybe that's not the best way to solve disputes.

When Disturbed sees she's unsuccessful and the camera is on her, she sinks to her knees. When she's accused of trying to hit the lady, she immediately says she was not trying to hit HER. She's indicating she wanted to prevent the camera from videotaping her.

She's not a Public Figure, which is a legal term which is supposed to protect people from this type of exposure (A person who is determined to be sufficiently well-known or famous as to prevail in a lawsuit for libel or slander only when the defendant is shown to have acted with malice.)

I submit to you the cell phone is the reason for Disturbed to invade Offended's personal space. Which she should not have done, but let's be clear-minded about what the video displays. I feel bad for both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
The Karen then proceeded to act like she was wronged somehow. The other woman mentions how the Karen wanted to call security on her. It's all basic Karen behavior but caught on camera which we usually don't see.
I think Disturbed proceeds to act like she's terrified about being videotaped, which is what she says, pleads, begs and screams. It's clear to me she says and feels like she being violated.

If you don't mind me making this observation, you seem to want to lump this Disturbed individual into an identity group called "Karens". Again, I think that woman is displaying serious developmental disabilities. She's an individual, not a "Karen".

I've seen bullies and people acting entitled, rude and being dicks, men and women, of many colors. Some are a bit psychotic. But it's individuals acting badly. It's not a collective thing. It's not an organized group with a manifesto. It's an internet joke poking fun at behavior.

I know it's funny. But is there really a benefit to creating this social war, and creating this "Karen" labeling threat against women? Can't we just call a dick and dick, and a mentally disturbed person mentally disturbed? You know, when you're a hammer, everything is a nail? It's not a good thing.

And please don't get me wrong Immortal, you know I love you to death! And I appreciate this topic. I think it's interesting. We need more of them. I'm just expressing my thoughts.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-16-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:44 PM
Immortal horror fan

This will be one of those disagree topics that can't be concluded on an Internet forum. I don't think the woman, Karen, Disturbed, health problem, whatever you want to call her should be given the benefit of the doubt. You shouldn't swing at any one in public unless you are attacked first. If she didn't want to be recorded after her bad behavior or threat which started the whole thing. I wouldn't want to be recorded either. She easily could have walked away and come back to the store later. But didn't because this was an entitled woman. That's why people are calling her a Karen.

I still think it's a funny horror moment with the pointing and chasing. That's why I posted it. I've never seen anything like it in a public store before.

There is another one I saw a few days ago. Basically same situation of a Karen type woman being recorded while she was caught possibly committing a crime. Swinging at the camera but this time connecting. No crying this time though as the woman was truly entitled. And she got a different reaction from the person recording. I won't post that one because it's not really a horror moment and crude with the language.

I really need to stop looking at DailyMail and Reddit public freakouts. But there was that shooting in the baseball stadium and possibly transwoman setup video in a California spa. So I checked. These public recording videos will continue especially since people want something to post on youtube for ad money.

Of course, people can start treating everyone with respect. No reason to record anything then.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 07-20-2021 at 08:53 PM.