Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Waste Disposer

Final Destination 3 *****
Good Brainless Fun, lots of gore with nice squishy sound affects to go along with it:D
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Resident Evil: Extinction: 7/10

That was awesome. I don't care how mindless. That was easily the best RE film, and some of the best slash em' up from Milla i've ever seen. Very entertaining. Of course the plot was lame and nothing made sense toward the end but who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Tenant

The Spiral Staircase (1946)

This was actually very good. It's a definate predecessor to the much later giallo, but it also boasts its own style of slasher-form. Beautiful lighting and camera work as well.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Care to elaborate ?
I just find it ironic that in trying to make a movie against violence, Neil Jordan created one of the most deadly serious, violent films of the year. It was too preachy to be a box-office sucess, and not smart enough in its argument to be critically sucessful.
I saw an interview with Foster that made me absolutely sick (and, mind you, I'm a big fan of her acting). In it, she detests the violence in movies such as Sin City, and says she's disgusted in how far it's come in such a comic way. Violence, she continues, should be a serious matter, one to be dealt with only in a realistic, serious tone. Therefore, she made The Brave One.
When I see a picture like Sin City, it's very easy for me to see that it's 100% fictional. When I see a picture like The Brave One, I realize that I am capable of commiting acts of violence like the ones I see on screen. It doesn't help me to stray away from violence, it only blends the line between entertainment and reality.
In trying to protest this cinematic violence, she's created one of the most brutally real, violent films of the year. Unfortunately, the people she's concerned about are only going to see it as a believable form of viciousness, something they can relate to much more easily.

I also find it funny that she can trash violent movies so easily when she owes much of her fame to films like Taxi Driver, Silence of the Lambs, and Panic Room.

Last edited by alkytrio666; 01-10-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I just find it ironic that in trying to make a movie against violence, Neil Jordan created one of the most deadly serious, violent films of the year. It was too preachy to be a box-office sucess, and not smart enough in its argument to be critically sucessful.
And the subway attack...in what world does this happen? I lived in NYC for years and took the subway everywhere.

This kind of random violence is cartoonish in the Nth degree...and it's suppopsed to be sooooo fucking serious.

Watch Death Sentence instead if you want contemporary vigilante justice without the pretension.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

matrix revolutions

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 01-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Sideways...
Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Tenant

Atonement (2007)

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful this movie is. It's sweeping, masterful stroytelling with phenominal acting and heartbreaking tone.
I'm having a real hard time trying to decide between this and 'No Country' as the best film of 2007.

Eight Men Out (1988)

It's a damn fine baseball movie, and it also works as a nice period piece.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:45 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

All the Colors of the Dark

Edwige Fenech **drools** she's a peach.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklaus View Post
You must be referring to Lucio Fulci's "City of the Living Dead".

Remarkly good zombie movie. As to why you don't like it, I haven't the slightest clue. If you don't like that movie I doubt you'll like other Fulci movies...

Too bad for you I guess.
Too bad indeed...unless i want to save 2 hours of my life. I thought the beginning had a really good vibe just too boring i guess(I'm not one to think the entire movie has to be non-stop action or scares like many moviegoers want)

I was gonna pick up Hatchet last night but I decided to get suspiria instead. Good choice?