Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Evil Dead

There's also The Fly films, consisting of the original three as well as the 80s remake and it's sequel. I definitely prefer the remake and find it's sequel underrated as well, both have great creature designs and effects.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Evil Dead

This one might be a stretch, but another series I remembered is The Mummy (the 90s version). The first one is pretty much an Action/Horror hybrid with more of an emphasis on the former but quite a bit of the latter is still present. The two sequels are pretty much all-out Action with very little of the Horror aspect remaining.

I definitely liked the original Mummy the best, still a movie I always really enjoy. The two sequels were enjoyable in their own way but the original was the strongest.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Evil Dead

Another I remembered is Warlock. I've seen the first two and both were good, never saw the third but the absence of Julian Sands in the title role deterred me.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:42 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
There's also The Fly films, consisting of the original three as well as the 80s remake and it's sequel. I definitely prefer the remake and find it's sequel underrated as well, both have great creature designs and effects.
Love the original and remake equally been a long time since I've seen the sequals I'd have to rewatch them.

Quote:
This one might be a stretch, but another series I remembered is The Mummy (the 90s version). The first one is pretty much an Action/Horror hybrid with more of an emphasis on the former but quite a bit of the latter is still present. The two sequels are pretty much all-out Action with very little of the Horror aspect remaining.

I definitely liked the original Mummy the best, still a movie I always really enjoy. The two sequels were enjoyable in their own way but the original was the strongest.
I agree with you the first was the best but I prefer the 1932 version.

Quote:
Another I remembered is Warlock. I've seen the first two and both were good, never saw the third but the absence of Julian Sands in the title role deterred me.
The first is my favourite, the second was ok, the third was bad.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:16 AM
Evil Dead

I remember liking the first Warlock more, but the second was pretty good from my memory. The Warlock in the second one I remember is much more destructive.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
I remember liking the first Warlock more, but the second was pretty good from my memory. The Warlock in the second one I remember is much more destructive.
It's been many years since I saw the second one I remember not enjoying it as much as the first. But maybe I'll give it another watch.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Evil Dead

It's been so many years since I last watched them, definitely a series due for a re-visit.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Scares Little Kids

Very surprised not to see the Omen's Series on here. Man was that scary watching when I was growing up.

The Omen was my favorite on that.

As far as the other movie series you talked about.

Friday The 13th - the first one

Halloween - the first one

A Nightmare On Elm Street - the third one

Saw - the first one

Scream - the first one

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the first one

Alien - the second one

Predator - the first one

Phantasm - the second one

Evil Dead - Army of Darkness is by far the best in the series.

Hellraiser - the first one

Child's Play - the first one

Final Destination - honestly liked them all about the same
Old 03-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Evil Dead

I forgot about The Omen before, add it if you'd like. I have yet to see any of them, but I will eventually, I've been meaning to give them a look.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
I forgot about The Omen before, add it if you'd like. I have yet to see any of them, but I will eventually, I've been meaning to give them a look.
It's up to you if you would like to add it to the list. Make sure those to watch the movies from the late 70's and early 80's as there was a remake in 2006 which is not nearly as good lol.

It's a dam good series am sure you will enjoy.