Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Where do you guys hear about these concerts? I always seem to miss out on the awesome shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Misanthrope

Forums, Myspazzz

I heard about that one because we're supporting the bands that night
Old 07-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Nine Inch Nails, supported by Janes Addiction on Tuesday night. Fucking great show

NIN set was nearly two hours long, didnt let up until the last when Hurt was the finale, still buzzing about it.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Nine Inch Nails, supported by Janes Addiction on Tuesday night. Fucking great show

NIN set was nearly two hours long, didnt let up until the last when Hurt was the finale, still buzzing about it.
Great! I would have liked to have been at the show played last night where, Gary Numan was the guest singer. They played Cars and Trent's version of metal. Are you a big NIN fan? What's your favorite song/album of NIN's?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Misanthrope

My next big concert will be The UK Subs. Pretty amped that my band is supporting them when they play our city.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Thats awesome! wish I could be there for that. haven't you seen them before?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
Thats awesome! wish I could be there for that. haven't you seen them before?
Yeh they played last year at some point. They dig NZ and hang out fishing and eating pies!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:03 PM
She's under the stairs

I travelled down to MAnchester last weekend to see The Fall. Maybe the last time I see them, hopefully not. They never come to Australia though and there where I am going to be from September on.

The bus took 4 and a half hours, the air con wasn't working and I only had half a bottle of water so it was a bit of a hellish trip till we finally stoped an hour out of MAnchester.

I got into town and checked into the backpackers I had booked then went searching for a pub that was showing the cricket. after about 40 minutes of walking by posh bars and sports bars that were showing the golf I finally found this pub that had some serious old core interior. They had a net up below the cieling so it wouldn't fall on your head. they had the cricket showing on some mounted early 90's tv's. They served real ales as well as some belgium beers at a good price which was a bonus.

So I sat in there for the next few hours, then struck up a conversation with a guy called Doug out the backwhilst haveing a cigy, he worked at Vinyl revial down the road, he took me along to anbother bar closer to the venue where he was meeting some friends who were going to the gig.

I had a few more pints there and was feeling a bit pissed so started on the tequila. His friends headed of as the were worried they wouldn't get tickets, I stuck around and had a few more and then headed up myself...

So I finally got to the gig, grabbed a pint and 5 mintues later the Fall walked on stage...

IT was a good show, they played 5 or 6 songs that hadn't been recorde yet even. and that was 50% of the gig. most of the remainder was of the last studio album, so it wasn't exactly what I hoped for in a home town gig. But that was just as I never know when I will see them live again. The sound wasn't great which from my experience with them is a bit of a constant thing.

But the highlight was probably when they left the stage for what everyone assumed was the final time, but I still had half a pint and some hope and wondered up the front where there was a few others...

5 minutes later they burst back on and thrashed out "Reformation" which was just fucking awesome.

There were some guys outside selling unoficial merch after the show, they had some good hoodies for ten quid, I ended up talking them down to 5 quid for one... Then I got on a bus back to town and tried to remember where I was sleeping that night, but that's another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Misanthrope

Sounds like a great night man! Haven't heard much of The Fall I'll have to check some out later on tonight.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:00 AM
She's under the stairs

Cool, let me know what you think, they aren't for everyone. Also there are quite a few different eras of thier music, because of so many different line ups over the past 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha