Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
IAm I MISSING something here? Did other people find these films amazingly funny?? I've heard that these movies were pretty fucking hilarious... But I just felt... meh with some occasional smiles and nods. Bored. Disassociated.

I.

i laughed a lot during tropic thunder..
downey was the highlight but i though stiller was better than usual and jack black is always funny to me. Nick Nolte was a hoot...

i enjoyed the war movie cliches, the opening ads (not sure if they are also on the DVD)

there were a couple of things that could have been changed - but overall it provided a lot of laughs.

my last seen : The Jerk.

i was in the mood for a sure fire comedy - and this movie never fails.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

the puppet masters
Old 11-24-2008, 04:13 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
You're not alone.

I thought forgetting sarah marshall was easily that crowds worst film...it's like about 4 really funny lines put into an otherwise shitty, boring movie - the lead plays a better bit part, the bit part guy plays a better lead...I can happily not see this film ever again. That I've heard some people talking about buying it on dvd on release day, honestly confuses me.

I'm also with you on Tropic Thunder, although I at least remotely liked this one. RDJ made the film, Ben Stiller felt oddly empty for his first "adult-ish" comedy in some time, and Jack Black was just annoying. The Tom Cruise character was a bit of a laugh, but overall this just wasn't the film I was hoping it would be.
Ok, so I'm NOT crazy then. It's weird... FSM just got HUGE buzz (not that I generally listen to buzz, but I find that with comedies generally the "buzz" is fairly reliable). Talk about ridiculously overrated.

And I completely agree with you on TT - Downey Jr. was HILARIOUS (though I sometimes had a difficult time understanding him, which just made me feel LAME)... Ben Stiller was completely disappointing (I know that some people downright hate him, but I'm generally a Ben Stiller fan)... And Jack Black was a waste of space (could and SHOULD have been a show stopper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
You know we can't see these IMDB pix...
Well, if I really KNEW that, I wouldn't have posted them that way, would I? :p

That's weird... I can see them (seriously - Why would I be able to see them but you can't? - Bizarre). :( I guess I'll stop being lazy and actually throw these pics into photobucket moving forward as opposed to just copying the source link and plugging it into image tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Tom Cruise was hilarious. Everything else pretty much sucked about TT.

Haven't seen FSM.
I wouldn't bother with it, to tell you the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
downey was the highlight but i though stiller was better than usual and jack black is always funny to me. Nick Nolte was a hoot...

i enjoyed the war movie cliches, the opening ads (not sure if they are also on the DVD)

there were a couple of things that could have been changed - but overall it provided a lot of laughs.

my last seen : The Jerk.

i was in the mood for a sure fire comedy - and this movie never fails.
The opening ads were HYSTERICAL and definitely set a fantastic tone (which, unfortunately the movie didn't live up to). They had me rolling. And I agree - The war movie cliches were really well done, but the outcome is making me want to see Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket for old time's sake... Not watching it again.

Also

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

The part where the director turns around, steps on a mine and blows up - AMAZING. I ran it back and had to watch it a second time. Wish there were more gags like that.

*[/POSSIBLE SPOILER]*

Maybe I'll go watch The Jerk now. It's been a while.

OH I'm picking out a thermos for you.
Not an ordinary thermos for you.
But the extra best thermos that you can buy,
With vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in!
I'm picking out a thermos for you,
And maybe a barometer too,
And what else can I buy so on me you'll rely,
A rear end thermometer too!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Cranky

You can see them because they're in your cache. IMDB blocks hotlinking. Just do a google image search.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post

I did laugh a bit at this one but overall found it a little uneven.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 AM
For Vendetta

The Bone Collector.

I really dont get why people hang an axe over Denzel. Not only is the guy pretty amazing in his roles, you can actually feel his presence as that character. Right from the opening frame till the last (when he murmurs "Merry Christmas" back at Angelina), he is Lincoln. Thats what makes the guy a pole apart from many of the rest, and puts him right in the leagues of a Daniel Day Lewis or a Al Pacino.

As for the movie, its a pretty decent whodunnit. Jolie plays her part well but looks a bit out of place, and Rooker is always a treat to watch. The major disappointment for me was the climax, which looked too hurried and just didnt feel right with the tone of the flick. Of course, it could have been worse...but in terms of impact, this one falls down several notches just cuz of it. Too bad, because this is a wonderful first 80 minutes + really disappointing last 25 minutes combo.

Rating - * * *
Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
She's under the stairs

Last house on dead end street.

This was on at the cinema last night. I thought it was going to be a bit more nasty, it ended up being pretty damn funy.

7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Hellraiser

Critters 2.

One word: Brilliant.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Cranky

Posher, can you keep your alter ego confined to the general forum, and stop cluttering up the more specific threads with bullshit?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Rovdyr [Backwoods] (2008)

A Norwegian survival horror that pretty much influenced by TCM (both the original & remake)...specially at the beginning of the movie (the van & the hitchhiker!). Though there was no chainsaw & Leatherface like maniac but there were decent amount of gore & killing scenes. I'm quite surprised with its poor imdb reviews & rating...it wasn't that bad actually.

>>: B-

Battle in Seattle (2008)

>>: B