Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post

Be Kind Rewind

enjoyed this film ... until the very ending - which didnt ring true.
but up to that point i enjoyed it a lot ... jack black was appropriately restrained ... great performances from everyone.
I liked how subtle this one was, one of the better comedies I've seen in awhile. I got a kick outta the stores changing over from VHS to DVD and the death of the independently run stores theme. What didn't you like about the ending?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yesterday I watched WALL·E

And. Wow.

Beautiful. Stunning. Touching.

To tell you the truth, when I heard that there was minimal writing and voicework, I was concerned that I'd be bored... But far from it.

I fully agree with The Penguin:

5/5 See it.
Definitely.
Incredible movie.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Woods

Meh. Nothing special, but not completely awful. Not worth recommending at all, but if you happen to run across it on TV or something, I guess there are worse ways to kill a couple hours.

From Russia With Love

I said the same thing when I watched Dr. No a few days back: why in God's name have a waited so long to get into Bond movies? This one was beyond awesome...one of the coolest action movies I've seen in a long while.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I liked how subtle this one was, one of the better comedies I've seen in awhile. I got a kick outta the stores changing over from VHS to DVD and the death of the independently run stores theme. What didn't you like about the ending?

*************SPOILERS **********************

i didnt think it was appropriate that there would be a neighbourhood full of people watching the film from the outside .. laughing ..etc

i know why they did it .. it just felt ill excecuted... (there wasnt anything to laugh at at that particular time for one thing .. just a guy in the hallway of a train)

I cant really explain it - it just didnt trasnition well to me.

it looked good ... it just didnt feel good. hard to explain.

i really liked danny glover in his role ..
Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

My Name is Bruce.

definately funny in parts - but kind of shaky and uneven .. i thought it would flow better. I wasnt keen on the casting .. there werent any other strong characters except for the old chinese man.

on the other hand i was exhausted and kept dozing off .. could have set my expectations a little too high too....i'll have to give it another shot later.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I'm surprised at how many people liked Wall-e

I thought it was brilliant animation but the rest was mediocre at best. Nowhere near as good as most Pixar films, excluding Cars and A Bugs Life. It wasn't funny much and it dragged on for a long time. It was also incredibly predictable and I didn't care for any of the characters. I really wanted to enjoy it. Please, someone tell me what I missed that was so good, because as I said, I really want to enjoy it.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Evil Dead

I heard cars was pretty shit...bugs life, that was ok though, not my favourite pixar film.
I think the deal with wall-e is how so little translated into so much through use of expression/emotion through a medium that you don't really think would have it...and, it looked pretty cool too.

Just rewatched "disturbing behaviour", for the first time in at least 4 years, caught it right at the beginning on tv and went with it.
I remember myself and the girl actually saw this movie at the cinema shortly after we met, probably round one of our first 5 "dates".
Funniest line? toss up between "slut...", and "what you lookin' at, retard?" ha.
A good watch, I still like it.

Last edited by Phalanx; 12-01-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 AM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post

My Name is Bruce.

definately funny in parts - but kind of shaky and uneven .. i thought it would flow better. I wasnt keen on the casting .. there werent any other strong characters except for the old chinese man.

on the other hand i was exhausted and kept dozing off .. could have set my expectations a little too high too....i'll have to give it another shot later.
I watched it a couple days ago too. I didn't expect it to be great though. I wouldn't give it 'good' or 'bad'. I'd just say it was alright. I thought it was funny how they portrayed Bruce but I think it they could have made it a lot better. I guess its just mildly entertaining for Bruce Campbell fans.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Banned

WANTED

Not bad for a mindless action flick. Angelina Jolie looks horrible in it....WAY too skinny. I haven't read the comics this was based on but from what I hear.....It ain't nothing like it.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
WANTED

Not bad for a mindless action flick. Angelina Jolie looks horrible in it....WAY too skinny. I haven't read the comics this was based on but from what I hear.....It ain't nothing like it.
The book really wouldn't translate well to screen...one of the major bad guys is quite literally a walking pile of shit.