Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Chat Noire View Post
Kung Fu Panda...it was adorable. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars actually, but set in China with cute animals instead of space creatures.
I thought it was great.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Tinker Bell

I might be getting soft, but I was pleasently surprised. Not your typical "Disney is trying to make a few bucks off of an old idea". Some thought went into it, some of it was genuinely funny, and on the whole, it was pretty creativee. They even tie it in to Peter Pan.
I've actually read a lot of people like this one...maybe one day, yknow if I have a girl, I'll get 'round to watching it.
For now, "Hook" is my go to for Peter Pan movies...that said, never saw the one from just a few years back.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Hehehehehe

Send a message via AIM to CryptKeeper13
Just watched Hard Candy... I give it a 2.5/5 not god awful but something not really worth watching either.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper13 View Post
Just watched Hard Candy... I give it a 2.5/5 not god awful but something not really worth watching either.
Ouch- out of 5 I'd give it 6.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

vince vaughn's wild west show - very entertaining.. more documentary than anything.

star kid - very passable kiddie film
Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Cranky

People Under the Stairs.

Still lots of bizarre fun.

There appears to be one of the people who's mask didn't fit very well, because in a couple of scenes you can see the back where the mask doesn't come together.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
2 gay guys out of the closet in one week ! what are the odds ?!
Not likely. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you had your heart set on a rendesvous, but i am happily married to an attractive busty woman.

I'm not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with it. but I'm not. My wife is hot.

And I like Tinker Bell.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Not likely. Sorry to disappoint you, I know you had your heart set on a rendesvous, but i am happily married to an attractive busty woman.

I'm not gay. Not that there is anything wrong with it. but I'm not. My wife is hot.

And I like Tinker Bell.

i figured if you outed yourself - your busty wife would be ... avaiilable ...

and since she already has a thing for tall guys named dave ....

and since you're definately gay - you tinkerbell lovin nancy-boy :D
Old 12-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Fear scented candle

you got me, i am gay. I just have an aversion to men and all things manly and an insatiable lust for boobs and vagina.

But other than that, I'm a total queen.;)
Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Monsters Inc. - Overrated and I can't understand why. I thought that the story was insipid and a waste of a great concept.
you so claaaazy !!!

ok .. the glove has been dropped.

here's why i personally think monsters inc is the best kids movie ever made.

(and let me first say that i am NOT a fan of Billy Crystal or John Goodman - to me - neither of them transitioned well to film .. i still see them as second rate TV actors - so by all rights i shouldn't like this film as much as i do)

1) the animation is gorgeous and imaginative. the monster characters are really well done. the 'doors' sequence was incredible

2) a lot of fun animation in jokes to keep the adults amused

3) the disney formula of killing a parent/sibling for easy emotional buy-in was abandoned. (see lion king/nemo/every other fucking Disney film) NOBODY HAD TO DIE !

4) the story was BRILLIANT ... wow Chrono - here we disagree the most. Maybe its because i have a kid but to me this film is the smartest, most effective, and most entertaining way of showing kids there is nothing to be afraid of in the dark i've ever seen in my lifetime. The monsters are more afraid of you than you are of them ?? brilliant !! Add some adventure thanks to a bad apple ... and i think you have a flawless story - and the resolution was fantastic as well ... both the fate of the bad guy and the new form of power. (laughter is more powerful that fear .... )
And it did it without being sucky.

5) I'm a sucker for a bittersweet ending and i hate cheesy manipulative tear jerking disney bullshit - but the way this film ends - gets me in the heart every time ... subtle and touching as hell.

honestly - its one of the few movies i feel so strong about that i cant get my head around anyone not liking that. i'm usually far more impartial than that.

but if you consider this film overrated - then you're only talking about me - because the general public really paid no mind to this film ... proving again that the lowest common denominator is always satisfied with the same hamfisted bullshit formula over and over again.

kill kids parent ... kid grows through adversity and becomes a strong man/woman. yahoo ....