Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Evil Dead

Totally agree!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Why does a movie need to be remade for a whole new generation/ audience to enjoy it? If they want to discover it, go fucking rent it!
but itz lik sooooo totaly old!!!! hu wnts 2 wtch somting soooo old! itz prolly even blck n wite! ewwwwww! letz wtch the gruge instd itz waaaay scry!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Tenant

dud! i herd the sharck is like so fake! thats 2 fake 4 me!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
but itz lik sooooo totaly old!!!! hu wnts 2 wtch somting soooo old! itz prolly even blck n wite! ewwwwww! letz wtch the gruge instd itz waaaay scry!!!
Some of the best movie in cinemia history are black & white. Back in the olden days, pre 90's or so people actually made movies because they wanted to and they actually tried. Now its all about money and lets see how much CGI we can put into it.

As far as scary old movies go, the original Night of the Living Dead, I first watched the black and white version. I thought it was great and its actually kinda scared me at one point b/c I watched it at night and my friend and I heard some tapping right outside the house and its actually freaked us out for a moment.

So the moral of the story is don't dis on the classics.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
dud! i herd the sharck is like so fake! thats 2 fake 4 me!
:confused:
Old 10-12-2006, 04:52 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude95Si View Post
Some of the best movie in cinemia history are black & white. Back in the olden days, pre 90's or so people actually made movies because they wanted to and they actually tried. Now its all about money and lets see how much CGI we can put into it.

As far as scary old movies go, the original Night of the Living Dead, I first watched the black and white version. I thought it was great and its actually kinda scared me at one point b/c I watched it at night and my friend and I heard some tapping right outside the house and its actually freaked us out for a moment.

So the moral of the story is don't dis on the classics.
Man...are you serious? 'Cause I sure as hell wasnt.

That post was a J-O-K-E. Mocking the majority of youth today, who's thinking really isnt far exaggerated in my post. Classics beat new movies any day of the week. My all-time favourite horror film was made in 1931, one of the closest runner ups was made only 10 years later. Even though Jaws is far from one of my favourites, it has nothing to do with it being "old".

In fact, I just wrote a huge rant about how today's youth dont appreicate older films for a school assignment. A big section of ot was on how people wont watch black and white films.

The moral of the story is know who you're talking to before shotting 'em down.Comeon, I have more than 10,000 posts, I would have thought you would realise that I wasnt serious.:rolleyes:
Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Tenant

Quote:

That post was a J-O-K-E. Mocking the majority of youth today, who's thinking really isnt far exaggerated in my post. Classics beat new movies any day of the week.
What he said. I was kidding too. I love Jaws, and 6 out of 10 movies I watch are black and white.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:01 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

yeah i loved the singer nod to jaws in x-men with the lighter

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 10-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:

That post was a J-O-K-E. Mocking the majority of youth today, who's thinking really isnt far exaggerated in my post. Classics beat new movies any day of the week. My all-time favourite horror film was made in 1931, one of the closest runner ups was made only 10 years later. Even though Jaws is far from one of my favourites, it has nothing to do with it being "old".

In fact, I just wrote a huge rant about how today's youth dont appreicate older films for a school assignment. A big section of ot was on how people wont watch black and white films.

The moral of the story is know who you're talking to before shotting 'em down.Comeon, I have more than 10,000 posts, I would have thought you would realise that I wasnt serious.:rolleyes:

Alright, alright, alright. Some times its hard to tell if someone is joking when your reading print and nor hearing them in person. Besides I don't look at how many posts people have and just because you so many posts doesn't mean that you are a fan of classic movies and/or black and white movies. So a simple I was joking would have worked.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
tic. vers 5

Send a message via MSN to tic
Like i've said in a few posts before, Jaws is my fave film of all time. (with the original King Kong coming a very close second)

I am curious to what (if any) new bits would be in the story or if it would simply be a scene for scene remake; if that is the case then i don't think any of our modern stars would do the character's justice: Chief Brody ... Harrison Ford or is he too old (or would someone of his stature refuse to be in a remake of such a well loved film), e.g if you look at say the King Kong remake apart from Jack Black, (who's becoming a household name), there weren't that many "a" list actors involved.

Anyway i suppose that's for another thread somewhere.

If a remake was made i would (out of curiosity) go and see it; and would (although quite difficult i imagine) try to give it a fair hearing.

You kids keep your noses clean you understand? You'll be hearing from me if you don't. We ain't gonna stand for any weirdness out here.

"Words create lies. Pain can be trusted."