Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Evil Dead

Alien vs. Predator 2 Update
Source: Fangoria July 31, 2006

Fangoria reports that Alien vs. Predator sequel Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest (new title) starts shooting in Vancouver on September 23 and wraps on December 14:

AVP's Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis of Amalgamated Dynamics, veterans of the first AVP and all the previous ALIEN sequels, will encore on the creature FX. The Shane Salerno script places the battling extraterrestrials on U.S. soil (the Midwest).

Colin and Greg Strauss are making their feature directorial debut on the film, opening December 21, 2007.

Not looking forward to this piece of crap!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by omcdave
way back in 1995 i read a scipt for AVP. it was great , it went with the graphic novels story line up till the end. they should forget about the first one and do the story from the novels.
Why not? Just don't put AVP anywhere in the title or market it as any relation to AVP and it could be its own movie. Maybe?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Fear scented candle

I am proud to say i didnt spend ANYONES money to see avp. It was on on demand for free as part of a free hbo weekend.

I will say that i was personally offended by the existance of this piece of shit. It borrowed teeny little pieces from the comic book, but all of the shallow surface shit. Paul anderson needs to stay the hell away from horror, he is a crappy action director, and a shitty horror director. Granted, I like the original RE, but it has little replay value, and i couldnt be bothered with the second one.

He doesnt make horror movies, he makes "horror themed" action movies.

That i can think of there have only been 2 worthy horror action movies, Aliens and Dog Soldiers. My hook into horror was seeing Alien when i was 5; needless to say i have a deep personal vested interest in the franchise. Predator was also an early favorite, wlthough it was a sci fi action, not horror.

and i maintain:

WHY pg-13 out of 2 long running r-rated series?!?!

I hate Paul anderson. He should get into a car accident with Uwe Boll and never wake up.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:39 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I am proud to say i didnt spend ANYONES money to see avp. It was on on demand for free as part of a free hbo weekend.

Yeah, me neither. Downloaded it...

Another 2 hours i will never get back.:rolleyes:
Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

The first one sucked donkey balls in my opinion. I hated it all the way around. I enjoyed Freddy Vs. Jason though. Possibly because I liked the characters better. I never really cared for the Alien or Predator series. Plus, it had way too much human involvment, and a horrid storyline.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by VampiricClown
The first one sucked donkey balls in my opinion. I hated it all the way around. I enjoyed Freddy Vs. Jason though. Possibly because I liked the characters better. I never really cared for the Alien or Predator series. Plus, it had way too much human involvment, and a horrid storyline.
there was a story?

Lance Henrikson has been in some awful shit, but this is the first thing i think he should be embarresed about.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
It's funny you said that about Alien, Vod. That's the exact same thing that happened to me. I was pretty disappointed in AVP, the story was oh-so-slightly retarded, but I can still hope for the best with the new one. Disappointment is inevitable in most cases, but you never know. I'll go see it in the theater if it looks the least bit promising, and I won't have to spend my own money.
It's great to be a woman.:D
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Therapy?

I was dragged to the first one and there is no way in hell I'd go to see the second OH MY GOD alien vs predator was so bad... I completely forgot about seeing it until I say this thread, I guess I had blocked it from memory.

I love Lance Henriksen, he's one of my favorite horror actors. So I was like "I've never seen the alien movies, the predator movie was hmm o.k I guess but lance henriksen is in it, so it shouldn't be that bad. I was so wrong... and I had no expectations for this movie, I just wanted to not have to not be subjected to something beyond horrible.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
Quote:
Originally posted by omcdave
tell us about being a women please?
LOL what do you mean, exactly?:confused:
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by horror_fan_Nick
This is a movie that doesn't need a sequel. I didn't see AVP and I have no urge too, I tend to lean more towards slasher flicks and action packed zombie movies anyways.

They should work on different vs. movies

I wish they would hurry up and do "Helloween"

Micheal vs. Pinhead, heck it can't hurt. :rolleyes:

pinhead is kind of from hell and has chains to rip people into bits and all miechs got is a cooking knife, i love miech but up against pinhead it wouldnt be much of a fight