Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
or, perhaps, a Liger?
yeah that's it
Old 02-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Thepuppetmaster
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
that happened to me a week ago I was in blockbuster and I picked out Hellraiser-bloodline, House of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead. I'd seen all of them before but I was at a friends house and he hadn't seen any of 'em. So we get up to the desk and the guy says ''Hellraiser,SICK and Freddy yall got some good ones but I didn't really like Dawn to much but House of the Dead now that's a good movie.'' I swear those were his exact words.
I SWEAR TO CHRIST that guy is a complete and utter fucking cunt. That piss's me off to such a extent i want to go to my local blockbuster and burn it down. I cant belive he would say that about Hellraiser. I meen come on that series rules. Jesus i am just wondering what his ass would say if i went to rent Ichi the killer there. I meen really COME ON! There on the other hand is a place by my house that is called Hastings. The place is impressive and i buy all my stuff there.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:20 AM
BMXICAN

I don't really care about the late fees thing or shit like that but I do fucking DESPISE Blockbuster...

It's because of these shitheads that 90% of most mom and pop video stores went out of business...

I mean damn at least most of the mom and pop video stores usually carried a good selection of movies...

Instead of all the usual current trendy garbage that is carried by the good turds at Blockbuster...

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 02-20-2005, 05:31 AM
Banned

i only buy movies anyway - i havent rented a movie in years - i hate having to worry about taking them back.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by kpropain
I don't really care about the late fees thing or shit like that but I do fucking DESPISE Blockbuster...

It's because of these shitheads that 90% of most mom and pop video stores went out of business...

I mean damn at least most of the mom and pop video stores usually carried a good selection of movies...

Instead of all the usual current trendy garbage that is carried by the good turds at Blockbuster...
Netflix :D
Old 02-20-2005, 10:29 AM
..its only a movie...

I hate Blockbuster. I go to Rogers Video they are really great. Good horror selection too.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 02-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

The only thing Blockbuster is good for is to find some obscure movie titles, usually pre-viewed to buy. Don't rent from them, they'll dick you nearly every time. God help you if you loose a rental. My wife was in a car wreck with two movies belonging to blockbuster, in which the car burned, destroying the movies. Although the wreck almost killed her and broke half the bones in her body, they went after her for the tapes. Not just the replacement value of the tapes (which I can understand) but for hundreds of dollars in LOST REVENUE because they could no longer rent these tapes to others. What Peckerheads.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:33 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
I hate Blockbuster. I go to Rogers Video they are really great. Good horror selection too.
I can assure you that the good horror section trait is NOT chain wide.

In my decent-sized city, we have a couple Blockbusters, and a Rogers Video, not counting Convienience Stores. The Blockbuster down the street from me is semi-decent, wit no defined horror section, but a decent selection mixed in with Drama and Action. Ive only been to Rogers once, looking for a few specific films, a fairly long list of horror movies. Some were, Ill admit, rather obscure. But others were, for the most part, popular and things you'd expect to see at most any store that carries horror [Most notebably the first Friday the 13th, which Blockbuster doesnt have]. They had absolutly NOTHING on the list, which was probably 15-20 movies, most fairly popular, or so I thought. I might go back sometime just to browse, something might cathch my eye...

And as far as the "No Late Fees" thing goes...BH14, you are an idiot. I agree that it is false advertising by saying that there isnt Late Fees, but you have your info completly fucked up. They gaive you 7 days AFTER THE MOVIE IS DUE BACK. Not 7 days TOTAL. So if a movie is rented for 2 days, they'll charge it to your account after 9 days, not 7. As far as movies go, Im fairly impartial to this promotion, I almost always take movies back on time. But for games, it's great! Most new and/or popular games can only be rented for 3 days, so I usually wait until they've been out awhile and become 7 day rentals, so I can have them longer. Well, now I can rent the 3 day ones, and still have them plenty long enough. It's awesome!
Old 02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
BH14

To the "It's the Gate" Moron who thinks he knows it all:

Im thinking that you are also working there. So who cares.... If its 7 days past due date, its still STUPID that they will charge you after doing the STUPID commercial (No Late Fees)..... Now quit defending them!! You are the only one and nobody gives a rat @$$ what you say.

PS. Dont take it so personal but that video game rental, 3 day crap or whatever you talking about doesnt make them "AWESOME" or justify their actions...

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114

Last edited by BH14; 02-20-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by kpropain

This is too true, sadly. There just a bunch of cut throat corporates out to crush the little guys. There are so few independently run video stores these days. Fuck Blockbuster and anyone who'd want to work for such a vile corporation.