Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
Im still amazed at how many of my friends dont even know who the hell Michael Myers is.
Well, maybe they do. But after seeing H20 and Resurrection, they're probably ashamed to know who he is. Just a thought, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Im still amazed at how many of my friends dont even know who the hell Michael Myers is.
Just tell them to rent Wayne's World or any Austin Powers movie, the thickos.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
new owner of hell

we dont need a new horror villain icon, they just get gay the should have more movies where you dont get to know who the killer is or even why they kill.

also they should make horror less predictable, and more shocking. unfortinutly i always know what is going to happen next i a film, and i hate it.

we need more original horror and more wild cards.

the main reason i think that horror has gone to hell is the little basterds that make films like drive-in, greenskeeper, and all that other low ass budget shit thats scripts are so bad that if you wiped your ass with it you would get aids, syphalis, clamidia, and herpies, plus ust about any and every horrid diseases we know of and some we dont know of yet.

another prob is the acting quality, and gore effects. im not excpecting any thing oscar worhty, but at least some thing that looks real.

also mostly all the people who go to horror films are pussy ass bitches. i went to see the grudge and just about every one in the theater except me and my friends jumped there asses off and screamed like some little ass bitches, while me and my friends just laughed at how stupid the movie was and how much more stupid the other people were.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to iamragmar Send a message via Yahoo to iamragmar
I don't think there are nearly enough horror villians, in my opinion there has been very little decent horror villians since the Creature from the black lagoon, leatherface is a good one but it's hard to see him as an icon. I like pinhead and the others from Hellraiser. Freddy really doesent do it for me, I find it hard to get by the child molestor bit( I think a really cool horror villian has to make you wish you were them if only for a few seconds). Michael Myers is not bad and he makes Jason look a little expendable.
I'm probably forgetting alot
There are horror icons that arent necessarily villians or in horror films but the ones in the old days didn't fit rigid rules(King Kong, Quasimodo) so I would even say Edward Scissorhands.
I'm not exactly enthusiastic abouy Buffy and Angel but if there was one great aspect of it: it gave us some of the greatest monsters of the past few decades.
The Gentlemen(the smiling guys who removed your voice) were brilliant, the guys in the straight jackets who accompanied them were great too.
The Death/Bogeyman guy in the childrens hospital was great, specially how he leaned over children and sucked the soul out of children with his eyes.
They had some great werewolves too.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:11 PM
new owner of hell

the main reason i doint think there are many true horror villians, is that people in gernral and hollywood have gone soft.

by deffinition a villian is someone who goes agains the hero, this could go for anything. in order to be a true horror villian the audiance must fucking hate your guts, and there should be very little to no humanity in you.

i dont think freddy, jason, leather face, and michael really count as horror villians, they are more like villians in general and horror icons. they all still have humanity, and they care for someone. jason cared for his mother, this is seen in part 2 when he is ticked by the girl in the cabin. michael cared for his family a little, this is expressed in the way he was stoped by jamies plees even if only for a second and when she requested to see his face. leather face cared for his entire family so he never killed any of them. as for freddy he cared for his daughter.

now a true villian of horror is someone who has no consionce, regret, and not a single fragment of human decentcy. in truth the only really true horror villians i can think of are pinhead, zombies, the guy from seven, hannible lectur( he didnt care for agent starling as much as he enjoyed mind fucking and using her), and buffalo bill( he was a sick twisted mo fucking bastard, the only thing he cared about was his skin coat and his little gay ass fucking dog( if that thing can even be called a dog))
Old 04-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus

now a true villian of horror is someone who has no consionce, regret, and not a single fragment of human decentcy. in truth the only really true horror villians i can think of are pinhead, zombies, the guy from seven, hannible lectur( he didnt care for agent starling as much as he enjoyed mind fucking and using her), and buffalo bill( he was a sick twisted mo fucking bastard, the only thing he cared about was his skin coat and his little gay ass fucking dog( if that thing can even be called a dog))
So you like one-dimensional characters? Zombies are usually a metaphor for humanity in films, and a lot of the "villians" you listed are fleshed-out, human-like characters. A true villian would have both good qualities and bad, because somebody who's just pure evil isn't an interesting character.

Hannibal DID care for Starling, he respected her mind and obviously had enough feelings to chop his hand off instead of her's in Hannibal. The guy from Seven thought he was doing something to benefit humanity. Buffalo Bill.....well yeah, he was just a psycho.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:29 PM
new owner of hell

i dont think a true villian should have any good in them. and that dont necesarly mean there 1D.

as for the lecture thing you maybe right, he cared a fucking little but not alot.

as for zombies i thing they are the purest embodyment of a villian, they were at one time human but no longer. they ae basicly just a shell filled with pure nothing, no love, hate, fear, no anything. all they want to dois eat warm fresh human flesh. they have ni true agenda and as for suvival instincts, there fucking dead.

also there is no prob with a fleshed out human like characters. they make the best villians, they areseverly damaged and thats what makes them interesting. i know you want to konw why bundy killed, why dahmur eat people, and why gien skined fuckers. they didnt care for anyone but themselvs, they had no sympathy, empathy, or regret. so in other words they make one of the best villians
Old 04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Image of the Invisible

Quote:

as for zombies i thing they are the purest embodyment of a villian, they were at one time human but no longer. they ae basicly just a shell filled with pure nothing, no love, hate, fear, no anything. all they want to dois eat warm fresh human flesh. they have ni true agenda and as for suvival instincts, there fucking dead.
If they're a shell filled with nothing, they can't be evil.

They eat like an animal would eat... cuz it's hungry.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
new owner of hell

scrap the zombies then, what is your opinion of a true "horror villian" not "villian"
Old 04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Image of the Invisible

Quote:
scrap the zombies then, what is your opinion of a true "horror villian" not "villian"
I think a "villian" is relatively the same no matter what the genre. I think the horror villian would look a lot grosser, but other than that...

Most horror villians are either monsters or psychopaths. If they're psychopaths, then their perceptions are just skewed. Jason is actually a pretty sad character if you think about it; even in Freddy vs Jason they made Jason a pretty sorrowful guy (for being a mass-murderer).

If its a monster, then its usually for an animalistic need. The Creeper needed to feed on certain parts of people at certain times, it wasn't as though he was "evil".

I guess the only exception are things from Hell. THOSE are pure evil.