Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Evil Dead

THAT would b a AWSOME 3 foot poster for ANY big G fan
Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 AM
horrormovies.com veteran

Send a message via AIM to DeadKlown
bring on The Host 2
Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Titty Twister

Quote:
Gareth Edwards, who wrote and directed indie sci-fi movie Monsters, is close to signing a deal to develop and direct Godzilla for Legendary Pictures (Inception, The Dark Knight).

Legendary picked up the rights to Toho Co.'s famous giant lizard in March 2010. It was around that time that Edwards� Monsters made its premiere at SXSW (where WME quickly signed him for representation) before moving on to the Toronto International Film Festival and a U.S. release by Magnet Releasing in October.

Since Monsters, Edwards� has won three British Independent Film Awards including nods for "best director," "best achievement in production" and "best technical achievement". It also landed him work with Timur Bekmambetov on a secret sci-fi project that he is writing as a directing vehicle.

Source: www.quietearth.us
Monsters was more of a human drama in a PA setting with romantic overtone than an usual sci-fi/monster feature. Monsters in the Monsters rarely get seen in the screen but overall it was pretty well made according to the budget, but still...if G. Edwards get the project to direct then will we get the chance to see some live Godzilla actions properly in the screen this time? If he tries to give it a realistic look then the fun would be ruined I guess.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Evil Dead

Godzilla news

Exclusive: Gareth Edwards Talks Godzilla Reboot!
Source: Ryan Turek, Managing Editor
February 2, 2011

Fledgling filmmaker Gareth Edwards has a behemoth task ahead of him. He's rebooting Godzilla on American shores for Legendary Pictures. For some, Edwards and Big G are a natural fit given the former's feature debut Monsters - a movie that is decidedly heavy on human drama and light on the "monsters." Still when the tentacled beasties of that film rear their heads, there's a delicious sense of spectacle that's fighting for domination with the budget Edwards had to work with.

Many are curious to see what Edwards can do with Godzilla and the money that he's allowed to play with on his sophomore effort.

"I'm a big fan," Edwards tells Shock, palpably choosing his words wisely when it comes to talking about his latest endeavor. "I guess I will say I'm highly aware - and everyone involved is incredibly aware - of everyone's opinions on what this film has to do and what it has to be. And no one will do anything but the right thing. Without addressing anything specific, everyone knows how important is to get it right."

He can't talk about the scripting process (he did reveal he's not writing the film), however, he recalls his introduction to the long-running franchise. "My earliest memories was channel 4, they showed them every Friday night. As a kid I wasn't quite sure about the dubbing, the English-dubbed versions. They threw me for a bit. I love science fiction and, well I call them B movies but they're not, but I love '60s and '70s sci-fi. But these would come on and be dubbed and it would take my kid brain to adjust to the dubbing. It took me some time to get through that."

Look for Godzilla in theaters in 2012. Monsters is on DVD and Blu-Ray this week!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Cranky

IMO they should just leave Godzilla alone. You can make a giant monster movie on your own terms and have it be successful- Cloverfield proved that.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
IMO they should just leave Godzilla alone. You can make a giant monster movie on your own terms and have it be successful- Cloverfield proved that.
I think they're planning for a new franchise where they'll eventually regenerate all the classic foes of Godzilla(!) as they were having a 'dubbing problem' in all those original movies.:D
Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I also agree..
besides, Godzilla was brought back and ruined in 1998..
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Little Boo

I hope this Godzilla looks normal and that they don't tinker with his appearance too much like they did on the last American Godzilla film.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

Goyer to write "Godzilla"

David Goyer to Write Godzilla Script
Source: Deadline
July 13, 2011

Deadline reports that David Goyer will write the screenplay for Legendary Pictures' Godzilla from a draft by David Callaham. Goyer has worked on Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and the upcoming Zack Snyder-directed Superman movie.

Toho's "Godzilla" franchise boasts one of the most widely recognized film creatures worldwide, resulting in a series of books, television programs, video games and more than 25 films worldwide. Legendary Pictures intends to approach the film and its characters in the most authentic manner possible.

Gareth Edwards will direct the Warner Bros. Pictures release, to be produced by Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni.

Read more: David Goyer to Write Godzilla Script - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz1S1vkbYhG
Old 07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Evil is Better

Good choice for a writer i guess, not so sure we need another Godzilla remake after the last travesty but im always up for a good giant monster movie. I'd ask why doesn't Hollywood make new original giant monster movies but then i remembered that it's because no matter how good it is, people will find some way to complain about it just like they did with Cloverfield.

Might as well remake Godzilla....whatever.