Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
For Vendetta

August 21, 2008

On Tuesday, August 19, 2008, the Los Angeles Times reported that Jon Favreau is already hard at work on Iron Man 2, the sequel to this summer's first comic book blockbuster.

Speaking to Times blogger Geoff Boucher, Favreau said "we're working on it now, which hasn't been officially announced. It will be released in 2010."

The film's 2010 release date was previously announced by Marvel Studios, who intends to include the sequel in their forthcoming slate of films. But even though the time crunch will challenge Favreau to finish the film on time and budget – a goal he has met with every previous film he shot – the limitation may mean an unexpected opportunity for sites like IGN, and ultimately, the fans themselves: Favreau will likely be shooting a lot of the film in California.

Currently Favreau is partnering with California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to set up tax breaks and incentives for filmmakers who elect to shoot in the state, and that may mean that Iron Man 2 will make its home there as well – which might make it easier for journalists to attend set visits and see shooting as the production gets in full swing.

More news as they come in.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Nightbreed

I don't see why Thor is any more far-fetched than the Silver Surfer or Galactus. As was mentioned before, incorporating 'gods' into a storyline might be a bit out of the ordinary, but aliens are easily incorporated. They've already had the alien symbiote in SM3. And, in the same way that they didn't really explain the origin of Galactus or the symbiote, they don't need to fully explain the origin of Thor.

He's just a dude who found a hammer.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Fear scented candle

As i am reading an iron man compilation book right now, i am drooling for the sequal, but really right now i am dying for the dvd release of the first one.

I want special edition with commentaries and behind the scenes stuff.

NOW!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
japan is were my hart is

i loved the first film so much cant wait for this one . robert oh so sexy LOL. :)
Old 09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Here comes the pain

Or they could bring back nick fury, "why are there so many mother F***** super hero's on this team?".

I'm all for war machine.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 AM
For Vendetta

September 11, 2008

Seems most of our overseas colleagues got to talk to "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau today - at the film's DVD/Blu-Ray Press Conference - and Favs let slip some rather funky news about the inevitable sequel.

'Frosty' from Collider writes, "...the highlight was Jon saying he’d love to do Iron Man 2 in 3D! He also called the IMAX “Dark Knight” footage a game changer and he said he’d love to shoot part of “Iron Man 2” in IMAX. Regarding the 3D, he said it’s all about the cost, but if they can make it happen he’d like to do it. He talked about getting to see the armor in 3D and how cool it would be."

Story-wise, CHUD discovered that War-Machine may make an appearance in the sequel. ''Favreau said that he very much wants War Machine in the second film. He said that Rhodey had a smaller than anticipated role in the first movie and that he would like to rectify that''.

As for the film's villain? ''- The Mandarin is the overarching, behind the scenes villain of Favreau's planned trilogy, but he's very aware of how hard it is to keep a character like that cool. He compared it to The Emperor from Star Wars - when you first see him, you're blown away that Darth Vader is bowing down to someone but by Jedi you just want The Emperor to shut up. And by Clone Wars he's a sidekick.''
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
For Vendetta

UK, January 5, 2009 - Iron Man 2 will revolve around the nature of identity, according to screenwriter Justin Theroux.

He told MTV his thoughts for moving the sequel on from the first instalment: "The obvious thing to improve upon - well, it's not even an improvement it's just something to embrace - which is that he's now a hero that lives in the real world. That's unique."

He is referring the to the fact that

(*****SPOILER ALERT*****)

Tony Stark revealed to all at the end of the first movie that he was the iron-clad super-hero, with the script for Iron Man 2 seemingly set to resolve around the problems this brings up.

This aspect of the character, says Theroux, is "something that we've made a real decision to run towards rather than away from."
Old 01-07-2009, 02:57 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Now HERE is some badass casting:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/...rimson-dynamo/
Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Haha. Crimson Dynamo would be amazingly badass. But seeing Whiplash as a villain would be hilarious to me.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Wow! that's awesome news! I hope both party finally agrees the deal.