Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Tenant

I really don't remember there being too much gore, besides that part where the zombie's pulling that guys organs out his mouth.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by ZombiexDoll
Actually..There was. Compared to the movies out nowadays and in theaters.. I'd say this one was pretty gory. Alot of eating involved this go-around.
And to you, Mr. Smartass, you'd realize that compared to Romero's other flicks, this was teenie-bopper gore. I don't give a fuck whether it beats Boogeyman or House of Wax or any of this other shit that's coming out. It SHOULD match up with the gore of the rest of it's series. And it doesn't.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
you'd realize that compared to Romero's other flicks, this was teenie-bopper gore. I don't give a fuck whether it beats Boogeyman or House of Wax or any of this other shit that's coming out. It SHOULD match up with the gore of the rest of it's series. And it doesn't.
I agree 100%. This movie did not compare to the others in the series when it comes to the gore and blood. If I can remember really disturbing grose scenes from a movie then it was good. This one, I cant really remember any of the gorey scenes. Dont get me wrong there were some, but nothing like the other Deads. Ive read on IMDb that some believe that since the movie was made for a major studio he was working within certain limitations. Go figure.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...

Last edited by i have no life; 10-28-2005 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by i have no life
I agree 100%. This movie did not compare to the others in the series when it comes to the gore and blood. If I can remember really disturbing grose scenes from a movie then it was good. This one, I cant really remember any of the gorey scenes. Dont get me wrong there were some, but nothing like the other Deads. Ive read on IMDb that some believe that since the movie was made for a major studio he was working within certain limitations. Go figure.
Yah...

Damn you, mainstream hollywood!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:11 PM
im screaming out

This was a very good movie its alot better than what hollywood is turning out right now.

Day of the Dead was still better though
Old 10-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I really don't remember there being too much gore, besides that part where the zombie's pulling that guys organs out his mouth.
You don't remember when the guy got the shit chewed out of his arm, or the other guy hopping over the pipping and he got grabbed? Pulling and pulling and his screaming got higher and higher and they finally pulled his head right off? :) And the electricity/eye popping thing was something I said just in general that could be used in a film.
Quote:
Originally posted by i have no life
That's because major studios are giant puss balls when it comes to true, gory horror films. "Hey, you can't show that! It's too gory." When it comes to gory movies, get a big budget from somewhere and go to an independent film maker and have freedom galore to show as much blood, guts and entrails as limited by only the imagination.

Last edited by gorefreak; 10-27-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
Pulling and pulling and his screaming got higher and higher and they finally pulled his head right off? :)
That's from Day of the Dead. I don't remember seeing that in Land.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:48 AM
Evil Dead

LMAO! :D Sorry, I thought you were referring to "Day Of The Dead" as like you might have forgotten some of the gore scenes from perhaps not seeing it for so long? :) I haven't gotten around to seeing "Land" yet. I hope the unrated version is a lot more gory "Dawn" remake.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by gorefreak
LMAO! :D Sorry, I thought you were referring to "Day Of The Dead" as like you might have forgotten some of the gore scenes from perhaps not seeing it for so long? :) I haven't gotten around to seeing "Land" yet. I hope the unrated version is a lot more gory "Dawn" remake.
Yah, I love 'Day', it has plenty enough gore for me. And that's exactly my point. His whole series was a gorefest, so it dissapoints me that just because it was gory compared to recent mainstreams, people are saying it's mega gory.

I can honestly say I wish he'd just left the series alone.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

I can honestly say I wish he'd just left the series alone. [/B][/QUOTE]
Exactly how i felt after waiting for 20 years & Sitting thru Resi & house of the dead, i was expecting the Gone with the wind of Zombie movies. Maybe someone could resurect poor old Fulci, chuck him $20 million & see what he can do.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?