Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
seawolf6434

Cool

:p :p :p :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
This movie arrived the other day and I was pretty excited about it. It had alot of things going for it, in my mind, even tho I had yet to see a minute of it,as it fell into alot of categories that some of my favorite movies tend to:
1) It was banned (from every film festival in North America as well as 3 film labs, said to be a first, :eek: )
2) It came is a signed edition
3) It had cameos of throwback horror actors (Tony Todd, Gunnar Hansen and Ed Neal)
4) Its exploitation!
5) It had amazing reviews:

"Depraved, disgusting, misogynistic, ugly, and interminable, Murder-Set-Pieces is the lowest form of cinematic life, a movie so utterly degenerate it makes you wish that indie filmmakers had to prove a basic standard of decency in order to buy a camera." by Ben Kenigsberg from Village Voice

So yeah, I was excited and shit.

The premise is quite loose, fans of movies with developed plots should skip this one. Dude is german. Dude has a GF. Dude is a "photographer", in the sense he owns a camera and takes pictures of women. Dude also has an extensive variety of ways to murder people, mostly women in extreme mysogonistic fashion.T here's a heavy german contingent, judging by the credits, as well as the lead actor going off in unsubtitled rants as he goes about is psuchotic business.

I liked this movie, I think. It's one of those movies you're not really supposed to admit to "liking" as you will pretty much come off as a depraved piece of shit, but I don't mind garnering that tag. The movie does have the "snuff film" feel that I had read about, but I think that aspect is more due to the fact that the movie is so disjointed. My GF had nightmares about being a serial killer and trying to murder me the night we watched this, so I guess it is powerful.
I winced a few times, I laughed when i wasn't supposed to, I had a good time.

There were definetly aspects of this movie I didn't enjoy. For one, the soundtrack is fucking awful. Think of german death metal sung by Creed. Yes, it is that bad. The camera work is kinda shoddy at times. The acting by most everyone other than the lead and the cameo guys is subpar, but that doesn't really make a huge difference as they don't take up much screen time.

SPOILER ALERT:

If you don't like RAPE, TORTURE, CHILDREN GETTING MURDERED, GERMANS, TITS AND ASS, and basically that sort of thing , you should steer well clear of this film. However, if you are a fan of indie exploitation this film comes highly recommended. I will try to get the GF to post a THC about this in the next day or two, I have a feeling it will definetly lend some perspective to my post. (SOrry that my review became disjointed but my buddy showed up while I was writing. In all honesty tho, the movie is disjointed so I figure its fitting.)
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Hellraiser

i saw nutbag a month of so ago and wasnt impressed. just watched Maniac last night which i heard M-S-P is pretty much a lesser maniac. im just glad im not paying money for my copy coming ina bout a month from a buddy across the pond.

my expectations are prettty low on this one. but ill give it a shot.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
Yea, I hated this movie. Pretty pointless, not all that shocking if you ask me... Good violence though, but there lots of better movies out there with good violence.