Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
I can see where you're coming from Rod, you especially...but...you know any request of this nature won't really change anything right? Beyond any excuses made, people know what they're doing.
I do believe I can help change this mentality. If I can convince someone that what they are doing HURTS me and my friends, then that person might just spread the word.

I challenge the members of this site to spread the word against downloading films. It is easy. It seems painless. But it isn't. It hurts me directly and endangers my ability to place food on the table for my children.

Can you understand this?

Stealing movies is morally wrong and socially wrong. The only benefit is your immediate gratification, which boils down to harming others so you can be either lazy or cheap - either way, it's a selfish, shameful thing to do.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I do believe I can help change this mentality. If I can convince someone that what they are doing HURTS me and my friends, then that person might just spread the word.
I buy most movies I enjoy, so whatever margin of profits goes towards the makers of the films, gets there in the end.
Only time I don't buy a film is if I didn't enjoy it and don't feel its served it's purpose...I like the ability to evaluate yet it's hard to do so on faith and a trailer alone - If I buy a terrible film up front...I'm at risk of losing my money to folks that don't have it coming.
Going to the movies to see new films I do already, no less than 75% of the films I really want to see, I'll go pay admission for, unless as I said I miss them and want to have a look prior to shelling out for the dvd.

Quote:
Can you understand this?
Yeah, for sure.
But then, I'm not really one of the people who really needs to be convinced.
Absolute pirates, and those that stand by it, getting everything for free just because "they can"...I think are more of a problem.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
It is super wrong to download flicks off of the internet. If I really wanna see a movie or intend to I save up the money to see it in the theatre. Sometimes I see it a lot. Like Freddy vs. Jason I saw thirteen times in the theatre.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I'm not saying that I download tons of movies becsue I don't just ones I didn't catch at the theaters.Like Cheebs said if I enjoy I will buy it on dvd and I do go to the theaters about 3 times a month.In the past 2 months I've maybe downloaded 5 movies that's about it, and I plan to buy 4 of those when they come out on dvd.

As far a music goes I do download alot of music as well as buy cd's but I refuse to pay 20 bucks for a cd with 12 or 13 songs on it.Putting that little amount of songs on it and then charging that much is wrong.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedFlower
Smile

I saw the movie yesterday and just LOVED it. Don't know why so many people said it was boring. Good acting, good special effects, beautiful scenes (blood and snow are a nice mix) ,amazingly creepy and dark mood, the story was pretty convincing and has an acceptable ending. The fact they weren't scared to mix children with horrific scenes was also good.

Very entertaining, go see it.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:04 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post

I challenge the members of this site to spread the word against downloading films. It is easy. It seems painless. But it isn't. It hurts me directly and endangers my ability to place food on the table for my children.

Can you understand this?

Stealing movies is morally wrong and socially wrong. The only benefit is your immediate gratification, which boils down to harming others so you can be either lazy or cheap - either way, it's a selfish, shameful thing to do.

I'm just curious, how do you feel about people buy second hand movies then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
I'm just curious, how do you feel about people buy second hand movies then...
aaah good one!!!!

i buy a lot of dvds.... well i think i do.... and i pay a lot to see a shit load of films at the cinema... everyone at our local at the gate, the empire, knows me and my mate.... wer regulars and so do the staff in hmv and whatever virgin megastores is changing its name too.

i only downloaded it cause i really couldnt wait to see it... ive got the comics.....

i dont try and justify... too much ;) why i download but mainly its tv shows id have no chance of seeing or seeing for a bloody long time.... and then i buy them when i can anyways....

plus with tv shows it builds up hype and has helped heroes.... if people can be arsed to record, encode and upload a tv show then its usually worth watching and ends up doing well cause of 'internet buzz'

and breathe :D

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Evil Dead

I finally saw this tonight. My only fear going in was Hartnett's zombie-like acting, but like someone else said in this thread that didn't really matter for the type of movie this was. Anyway...I loved it. Fucking dope movie. Maybe the best modern-day vampire film to date.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Falling_Away87

I am hoping to see this movie this weekend. Hopefully it be good IMO
Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Evil Puppy

Don't think I've ever downloaded a movie... but I have had a few people give me burned copies. Like 300. I didn't have any interest in seeing that in the theater and my friend gave me a burned copy. That made me not only want to check it out in the theater but buy the DVD. I collect DVDs... but I do TRY and not buy rubbish. So if I see a movie coming out, maybe I'd download it and check it out, if I liked it I'd go and buy it. Anyway...

I want to see 30 Days at the cinema, if I don't get a chance to I'll just Netflix it and see if it's worth the pickup.

Last edited by Despare; 11-15-2007 at 06:04 PM.